JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh don't get me wrong.... Washington Co. ID cards are nice but the front gets all scratched up even in the wallet. We have the gold hologram on the upper right and it gets all messed up too. I just would like to see maybe a clear cover over the front of the card..... you know like the newer ODLs with the "oregon" hologram front cover deal. I would pay a few dallers to have a nicer card but no big deal...... I guess I should be happy with what I have now lol :p

I'm sure someone on here is an Oregonian who applied for their Washington CPL at the Clark County Sheriff's office. Any comments on your experience? How long did it take to receive? Thanks.
I already posted that, but again, they told me it would be here in 60 days, it came on like day 59.
Oh don't get me wrong.... Washington Co. ID cards are nice but the front gets all scratched up even in the wallet. We have the gold hologram on the upper right and it gets all messed up too. I just would like to see maybe a clear cover over the front of the card..... you know like the newer ODLs with the "oregon" hologram front cover deal. I would pay a few dallers to have a nicer card but no big deal...... I guess I should be happy with what I have now lol :p
I just got mine a couple months ago and it has a gold stamp/hologram of a pistol on the top right corner and then it also has several small holograms of a pistol covering the entire thing, kinda like the ODL has a hologram over the entire thing saying "Oregon" I think they may have upgraded it a little since you got yours.
I've heard that some sheriff/police stations will laminate it (for a fee) before sending it out. I took mine to a Kinkos and had it done for fifty cents.
Clark County Sheriff didn't do it for me, or even have an option for it, but I did the same thing Kinkos with hard plastic laminate (think credit card strength) for $1.25, ask for the hard laminate, it makes it the same plyability as a DL or Credit Card, definitely worth the extra $.75.

Yeah my CHL is two years old PHATHOM......... I have to go to washington co. and give them my new address.... anyone know if they give you a new ID card or a sticker with my new info to stick on my current CHL card?

Yeah my CHL is two years old PHATHOM......... I have to go to washington co. and give them my new address.... anyone know if they give you a new ID card or a sticker with my new info to stick on my current CHL card?
Thanks for getting the name right :D I think you get a new card whenever you renew, but I think they keep the same pic.

Benton County: Oregon (Corvallis)

Finally:

I posted earlier that I should have gotten mine already but....
I was wrong on the dates.

I submitted the paperwork March 25th. That puts May 13th at 7 weeks.
May 14th: 43 days
May 15th: 44 days
May 16th: 45 days

Today: May 17th @ 46 days I received a call from the Sheriff's office asking for verification of my address. No biggie, I just moved on the 1st so I assumed that I would have gotten it and had to submit a change of address. Nope, they put my new address on it and she stated I should have it tomorrow.

So that will put it at 47 days including from start to finish. It's about par for Benton County from what I have gathered.

Seattle, WA in KING County took under two weeks! Submitted on Fri 4/23 and received Mon 5/3! Very happy about that indeed, I wasn't expecting it for a month.

Knowing this just makes me more impatient for mine LOL. I'm in Seattle too and applied for mine on the 5/11. Will update when i get receive... :s0025:

Applied 10/23/09
Received 11/4/09

No appointment needed, just walk in with necessary documents.

The staff and the Linn County Sheriff's office in the county court house were very pleasant to deal with. Took prints and photos all in one session. And they appreciated a heads up that there had been a class the night before at ARPC.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top