JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hate folks like that. Years ago, when I still went shooting out in the woods, we went with a group of friends and neighbors. One older guy had ZERO common sense with gun safety. Swept the entire group with a loaded gun several times. Had hang-fires that he ejected immediately. Simply put, he shouldn't have been handling a gun. We wrapped up early and got out of there - never went back out with him again. Thankfully he never ended up killing someone.

I hate folks like that. Years ago, when I still went shooting out in the woods, we went with a group of friends and neighbors. One older guy had ZERO common sense with gun safety. Swept the entire group with a loaded gun several times. Had hang-fires that he ejected immediately. Simply put, he shouldn't have been handling a gun. We wrapped up early and got out of there - never went back out with him again. Thankfully he never ended up killing someone.
I'm always torn about telling people like that to cool it. If I think they'll listen, I do, but I don't often think they'll listen. The disinterest seems to go along with the irresponsibility. At the club I have to speak up no matter what, but folks there usually handle it well.

Deadpool-Meme-Common-Sense-2.jpg

Sounds like no common gun safety knowledge and an A-hole to boot. Glad I missed him!

ADs kill people every day - you have every right to be pissed.
No such thing as 'acidental discharge'
It's called Negligent discharge,negligent. Don't let these idiots off with an accident.
The guy I worked with in sequim would have drawn on the guy had he swept him like that. I may have also.
I think it would be smartest to have a big sign out side the door saying 'No loaded weapons out of a holster to be brought into store. If buying a holster or for repairs,have your weapon completely cleared before entry'
And I might add 'If you don't know what that is, leave your firearms in the car'
Of course for the negative folks you would have to have a sign next to it saying ,Concealed/ open carry always welcome'

When I hear a loaded gun is going to be brought in, it's placed inside a case.
I had a fellow get upset that it was going to cost $100 for me to clean his stick revolver so he wanted it back. Ok, I zip tied the hammer in place and put it in a cheap hard case. Carried it out to the parking lot and said $20 and you bought the case...

Idea
Dump box just inside the entrance
The big problem with dump boxes is it puts liability concerns on the shop for any ND using said box.

No such thing as 'acidental discharge'
It's called Negligent discharge,negligent. Don't let these idiots off with an accident.
The guy I worked with in sequim would have drawn on the guy had he swept him like that. I may have also.
I think it would be smartest to have a big sign out side the door saying 'No loaded weapons out of a holster to be brought into store. If buying a holster or for repairs,have your weapon completely cleared before entry'
And I might add 'If you don't know what that is, leave your firearms in the car'
Of course for the negative folks you would have to have a sign next to it saying ,Concealed/ open carry always welcome'

You are right about the big signs, unfortunately many if the retards who sweep people and bring loaded guns in for work/repair straight up disregard the posted signs on the door and out front. Wish it were legal to just reach across the counter and smack em till they wise up;)

Suggestion:

You probably have a business card.

On the back of that business card, print some of the rules of safe gun handling.

The next time someone violates one or more of them, take a pen, underline the rules they violated and give them the card and then tell them to leave.

I guess the way to start any signage would be in big letters NO LOADED GUNS. Then everyone would say WTF? and read it
And if someone sweeps me, I would gladly bytch slap them without regard. Shoot I about bytch slapped a kid(yes he was 18+) for slamming a revolver closed
Slap with your weak hand,draw with your strong:cool:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads