JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may be kind of a rant, but after being swept with a loaded gun in my shop I'm a little upset. What happened to common sense?! I mean really! A loaded revolver with the hammer to the rear was brought in, they said it was "jammed" to the rear. They knew the price before they came in yet got mad when I told them the price when they arrived. The dude gets pissed and grabs the gun muzzling me with a LOADED AND COCKED gun then says I'm being ridiculous when I tell them to leave! It took everything I had to keep my cool. I'm pretty sure he thought he was going to make me mad when he told me he was going to go somewhere else lol

Is common sense dead? I know it's dying, but people who treat loaded guns that way should not be allowed to own them. That might offend some diehards but I say if you can't treat something like a firearm with respect then maybe you aren't smart enough to have any.

Last Edited:
This may be kind of a rant, but after being swept with a loaded gun in my shop I'm a little upset. What happened to common sense?! I mean really! A loaded revolver with the hammer to the rear was brought in. They knew the price before they came in yet got mad when I told them the price when they arrived. The dude gets pissed and grabs the gun muzzling me with a LOADED AND COCKED gun then says I'm being ridiculous when I tell them to leave! It took everything I had to keep my cool. I'm pretty sure he thought he was going to make me mad when he told me he was going to go somewhere else lol

Is common sense dead? I know it's dying, but people who treat loaded guns that way should not be allowed to own them. That might offend some diehards but I say if you can't treat something like a firearm with respect then maybe you aren't smart enough to have any.
See it all the time and it drives me nuts. There are way to many people out there that do not practice basic gun safety.

A guy came into my shop last week set his infant on my gun counter and then proceeded to point his loaded 1911 directly at his own sons head, as he fingered the trigger and asked about holster work...

Sometimes I hate having a shop where retards show up with guns..

I told him he just pointed a gun at his own son, and then took and kept his bullets.

I have suggested "a sharp stick" to more than one customer originally looking for a pistol.o_O

This may be kind of a rant, but after being swept with a loaded gun in my shop I'm a little upset. What happened to common sense?! I mean really! A loaded revolver with the hammer to the rear was brought in, they said it was "jammed" to the rear. They knew the price before they came in yet got mad when I told them the price when they arrived. The dude gets pissed and grabs the gun muzzling me with a LOADED AND COCKED gun then says I'm being ridiculous when I tell them to leave! It took everything I had to keep my cool. I'm pretty sure he thought he was going to make me mad when he told me he was going to go somewhere else lol

Sounds like no common gun safety knowledge and an A-hole to boot. Glad I missed him!

ADs kill people every day - you have every right to be pissed.

A guy came into my shop last week set his infant on my gun counter and then proceeded to point his loaded 1911 directly at his own sons head, as he fingered the trigger and asked about holster work...

Sometimes I hate having a shop where retards show up with guns..

I told him he just pointed a gun at his own son, and then took and kept his bullets.

I have suggested "a sharp stick" to more than one customer originally looking for a pistol.o_O

I would not have the patience to deal with people like that. I would likely start drinking a lot. [More than I do :D]

I hope you pointed out his egregious stupidity and told him to never set foot in your shop again.
Potential customer asked me to bid on customizing a machine in a high priority project (i.e.$$$$$). I looked around his shop, noted he had removed guards off many systems, said "no thank you." He got really upset, asked why, and I pointed out the missing safeties, and said no job was worth my house and family. He didn't understand.
You can't help stupid, but you can do everything in your power to keep it from hurting you.

Yea, you had every right to kick him out Jon.

People just have there heads up their rear ends more and more and don't think about anyone but themselves nor what their actions do to other people...

Glad you didn't take one to the gut...;)

I give you credit for keeping your cool.

I would not have been so nice.

That type of stuff pisses me off.

It was very
I give you credit for keeping your cool.

I would not have been so nice.

That type of stuff pisses me off.
It was very hard to keep my cool. I think the only reason I did was because his wife was there and she was fine, he was the one being an bubblegum about everything. Then according to him, I was the one being ridiculous?! I'm sorry, let me point a cocked and locked gun at you and see how you feel!!!..... jackass. Sorry, still upset. It's the small minority of idiots like this who make a bad name for the rest of us.

Yes I did tell them to leave and never come back. This has happened twice now, last time was some idiot open carrying a 1911 and when he re-holstered it after I looked it he thought he was a TV cowboy and twirled it on his finger.

Gun safety and common sense don't always go together, add in a heaping dose of testosterone and things can get ugly really quick! Good on you for keeping your cool. I know I would have a hard time with being swept with a loaded gun, let alone any gun, loaded or not! It's these people that have ND's that we always hear about, the same ones that end up killing some one because they have no clue about gun safety, they have no business having a firearm!

It was very

It was very hard to keep my cool. I think the only reason I did was because his wife was there and she was fine, he was the one being an bubblegum about everything. Then according to him, I was the one being ridiculous?! I'm sorry, let me point a cocked and locked gun at you and see how you feel!!!..... jackass. Sorry, still upset. It's the small minority of idiots like this who make a bad name for the rest of us.

Yes I did tell them to leave and never come back. This has happened twice now, last time was some idiot open carrying a 1911 and when he re-holstered it after I looked it he thought he was a TV cowboy and twirled it on his finger.
I have yet to see a cool re-holster win a gunfight, I will bet that retard spends 10 times more practice on his finger twirl than actual shooting practice.o_O

:D Funny, I watched a guy one time at an S.A.S.S. event that sucked at the pistol shooting, but his draw, spin, twirl and re holster was perfect! If there were points for the show, he would have won!

I think that you guys should have a trap door or spring loaded ejection platform in front of your counters. Idiots come in...press button...gone!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top