JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can also say I've been on the other side. I have been calling and searching the web for numerous hours for 22LR for my 15-22 with no luck. All retailers have told me none in stock with VERY limited shipments and quantity restrictions if I'm lucky enough to time it right. So....I made a personal choice to buy several bricks at $35-40/brick knowing full well that I was paying twice the price. Was I upset? NO WAY! My time is worth something, and calling everyday to every store in a 30 mile radius became NOT WORTH the extra money I paid two members here for the ammo. I had a DEMAND. They had a SUPPLY. I chose to spend my money that I EARN on something I wanted. It was my choice. Nobody held a gun to my head and made me buy their rounds. The same can be said for the member that bought my magazines. And quite honestly, he probably got an even better deal because those mags aren't arriving in limited supply daily (like .22LR). They are simply unavailable.

So I say to you member(s) that disagree, go back to whatever cave you crawled out out and hibernate some more. Maybe then you will understand that I did nothing wrong. And the next time you want to attack someone personally, make sure they don't have enough mental capacity to offer an educated argument.

I can also say I've been on the other side. I have been calling and searching the web for numerous hours for 22LR for my 15-22 with no luck. All retailers have told me none in stock with VERY limited shipments and quantity restrictions if I'm lucky enough to time it right. So....I made a personal choice to buy several bricks at $35-40/brick knowing full well that I was paying twice the price. Was I upset? NO WAY! My time is worth something, and calling everyday to every store in a 30 mile radius became NOT WORTH the extra money I paid two members here for the ammo. I had a DEMAND. They had a SUPPLY. I chose to spend my money that I EARN on something I wanted. It was my choice. Nobody held a gun to my head and made me buy their rounds. The same can be said for the member that bought my magazines. And quite honestly, he probably got an even better deal because those mags aren't arriving in limited supply daily (like .22LR). They are simply unavailable.

So I say to you member(s) that disagree, go back to whatever cave you crawled out out and hibernate some more. Maybe then you will understand that I did nothing wrong. And the next time you want to attack someone personally, make sure they don't have enough mental capacity to offer an educated argument.

So just to prove to you that I understand your idea of economics (yeah, seven years of college and three degrees, I get economics as well...), I will sell you two 100 round bricks of Winchester Super-X .22LR for $150. You have to come over and get them. Sound right?

And when everyone in Washington including the democrats are saying a weapons ban won't happen, those of you who keep putting "Get It Before the Ban" into your threads to help perpetuate the paranoia to sell your items are simply part of the problem...

Just to be clear, I have AR's and AK's. I have mags, ammo, and some reloading supplies (although not as much as I would like there), so this is not coming out of frustration of having waited too long to buy things...

Do you really think that folks that bought at 2, or 3 times price are going to sell them at a loss ? When do you expect S&W 442's to return to gunshops ?

Well, they will have to sell them at a loss... no matter how well you type up a "for sale" ad on this site, $2,500 for a used Colt AR isnt going to happen when you can get them new for the normal $1,100. Plenty of retailers are still selling firearms at normal prices. Yes, selection might be a bit more slim than 6 months ago, but the retail prices havent jumped to support the private party asking prices on here.
And to the guy who tried to compare the temporary jump in gun prices to the steady rise in the price of a gallon of gas... well, apples and oranges buddy. Pick a better comparative.

Also, to clarify my position... I support someone selling an item for however much they think they can get for it. I understand supply and demand- I am sure several times in my life I have purchased something that I needed at the time I needed it rather than wait, shop around, and find a better deal. My laughter is directed at the folks who guessed wrong and thought they would never be able to buy an AR from Wal-Mart again. So, I laugh, because now they own a $2,500 rifle that is not currently worth that price. Its not worth the price because the market does not support it. So again, sell for as much as you can, thats America. When I sell guns/items on here, I try to get top dollar. Why wouldnt I? I also do research before I buy so I'm not screwed if I need to sell a gun I bought for just about what I bought it for.

I refuse to pay anything over 10% inflation on my gun stuff because of the panic. All that it means is that I'll be shooting a little less.

I will also be refusing to sell any of my stuff for sale to any of the dildos who scalped on gun or ammo prices. The people who really made this entire ordeal worse with the "Get it before the ban" crap should be banned. The more you spread fear and paranoia, the less time people will spend on actually fighting laws from being passed.

You guys with your $35+ bricks of .22lr, and the people buying them... Meh. As if they will reach as far as banning .22lr this time around. Most of Feinstein's exempt guns were .22's.

The only thing this changed, is that I'll be shooting more 9mm than .22 this spring, since I have tons of it laying around.

This is to all who go out and buy ammo cause it is on the shelf even if they have plenty, or buy it to turn around and double the price.

If you don't need it to go out shooting with then stop buying it and if you are one of the bottom feeders that waits in the stores for it then buy all you can to post on here for double your money then stop the bottom feeding (don't get me wrong having excess and then selling some at a very slim profit isn't what I am talking about).

Sorry but my rant is on pause now and will continue later maybe. Lets stop the shortage by not purchasing for fear/storage/hoarding and just purchase if we are going out to practice or shoot within the next week.

Just so everyone knows this is what I did today in the hopes we can end this crap:

I gave a member a 525 pack of .22lr today for FREE just so that he could go out shooting with his kids.

How much is "plenty?" I have over 300 rounds of 9mm, but haven't been able to find more in a store for over a month, so I don't even want to shoot any because I don't know if I can replenish my stock. If I can find some for a decent price, I'm buying it. I have no intention of reselling though, this is for me. I do have close to 700 rounds of .17 HMR, and while it's easy to find (now), I buy my max of 4 boxes when BiMart has it on sale, just in case. Haven't seen .22lr for quite a while either, which is why I bought the .17 instead of a .22, no point in buying a rifle I can't get ammo for. But I'm certainly not going to just keep a box or two on hand for shooting this week, that's not enough if TSHTF, and a gun with no ammo isn't even a good replacement for an aluminum baseball bat.

Considering how many first-time buyers there have been lately and how many people are buying new guns period, it should be ZERO surprise that ammunition IS in high demand.

I personally think the assertions that everyone buying ammo is either a hoarder or a bottom feeder is both pathetic and ignorant. Of my firearms (22LR, 9MM, 45ACP, 223/.556, & 308), I have enough ammo to go to the range just one time. I can't find any of the ammo I'd like to go shooting because I'm one of many people looking for it.

I also think that people whom are buying more than they need to go plinking and are truly stocking up are probably of the right mind. The statements made by many on these formuns and in our government seem to suggest that ammo is indeed something that will be targeted by regulation in terms of taxation, limits, registration, etc.

131696930712.gif

I can't believe people are still paying crazy prices for mags. The price gouging has to stop. Those of you that do it are only hurting the firearms community. For those of you that don't already know, Curt's has had a regular supply of Pmags for $30, limit of 5 as well as GI mags for $25. Wholesale Sports has metal ProMags for $20 with a limit of two. Fishermans has also been getting Pmags in for around $30 with a limit of one. These prices are still high, but not nearly as ridiculous as the $50-$60 some of you are trying to charge. Hope this helps some of you. It's a double edged sword though, I'm sure the vultures will try to buy everything up like usual.

(don't get me wrong having excess and then selling some at a very slim profit isn't what I am talking about).

So help me to set the price in case I decide to sell. I bought some .556 a while back for .55 per round.

What amount of slim profit would I be OK with you to sell at?

Sure don't want anyone mad at me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads