JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know 2 people who have bought them at Walmart for $1098 in the past 2 weeks. Things are starting to come back around but yet people still have their stuff way over priced. Maybe the memo hasn't reached them yet that $50 Pmags, $600 SKS's, and $2000 6920's aren't really selling anymore. Just an observation that makes me laugh everytime I see an ad with outrageous prices.

As supply increases equilibrium prices will fall... Simple economics... The outrageous prices you're citing were market prices a few weeks back. Give them time, if they want to sell them, they'll adjust...

There is nothing humorous about it... Econ 101 stuff... Not funny, not sad, just laws of economics at work.

Well,,, most of those jack wagons bought high speculating that they could sell even higher and now they are stuck paying a high interest credit card payment for the three or so they purchased hoping cash in on the scare. As far as I'm concerned they can pound sand.

There is nothing humorous about it... Econ 101 stuff... Not funny, not sad, just laws of economics at work.[/QUOTE]

There IS something humorous about it. The people who panicked, for lack of being prepared, bought $800-1000 guns for 2 or 3 times that amount. That doesn't make their guns actually worth that... it's still just an AR. I just sit back and chuckle... poor financial choices...

The way I interpret it is people were buying on speculation to make money and if they already had something they sold it to make money. No real interest in buying to hang on to something because of the possibility it may be banned or unavailable in the future.

Totally agree with you SW. I picked up 2 bricks of .22 at Bi-Mart a few days ago. Price was $18 and change. For a split second the thought crossed my mind that I could turn around and sell them for a little profit. Then the little voice inside my head spoke up, and showed me the light. That would not be me!

I ended up actually giving one brick to a coworker who has helped me with reloading in the past, using his own stash of powder. He was short on .22, so now we both have some to go plinking with. What goes around.......

Well,,, most of those jack wagons bought high speculating that they could sell even higher and now they are stuck paying a high interest credit card payment for the three or so they purchased hoping cash in on the scare. As far as I'm concerned they can pound sand.

That could be so, but I'm thinking most were 11th hour, first time panic buys. The end result is the same. Come summer time when they need money to take wifey on vacation we will be able to buy cheap.

With the police states, passing unconstitutional laws, forcing people to in some capacity, dispose of their Hi Cap mags & so called assault weapons there just maybe a reverse trend in the very near future for those of fortunate enough to live in parts of the country thats still America

Chill for a while and you may cash in on deals instead of complaining about the inflated prices currently

That could be so, but I'm thinking most were 11th hour, first time panic buys. The end result is the same. Come summer time when they need money to take wifey on vacation we will be able to buy cheap.

I'm one of those first-time panic buyers, but I shopped around and didn't pay stupid prices. Got my complete CMMG forged lower for $345 including shipping/FFL transfer fees/BGC, and around $500 for the complete flat-top upper shipped. Upper is on backorder until June, last I checked, but I still managed to get everything I needed for a complete AR build in the middle of the panic, and for less than $900. mags are also on backorder with no estimated shipping date, but I have until June for those to come in, and maybe I'll eventually find ammo someday too, lol! Seeing what stripped lowers are still selling for, I was tempted to sell my complete lower for an unholy profit, but I didn't buy to make a profit, I bought to have fun poking holes in paper, water jugs and possible wild pigs if I can find any in Oregon! Mmmm... bacon....

I look at it like this.....its all about supply and demand. Nobody is forced to spend their money. And if they view their purchase as a value or just or reasonable, than who am I to judge whether the price was good or not. If people want to pay $2000 for a $1000 firearm, who am I or any of us to judge them? Really.

I look at it like this.....its all about supply and demand. Nobody is forced to spend their money. And if they view their purchase as a value or just or reasonable, than who am I to judge whether the price was good or not. If people want to pay $2000 for a $1000 firearm, who am I or any of us to judge them? Really.

So says the guy selling S&W MP Mags for $70 a pop...

^^^And they sold in a day. And the buyer was extremely happy to find them. Did I wrong him? No. Should he wait for 6 months on a BO list hoping SW will ship some? The buyer made a personal choice to spend HIS money on what HE wanted.

I don't need to justify anything. I understand the concept of supply and demand. So did the buyer that was happy to buy my mags that are virtually impossible to find nationwide. Have a great day.

There is nothing humorous about it... Econ 101 stuff... Not funny, not sad, just laws of economics at work.

There IS something humorous about it. The people who panicked, for lack of being prepared, bought $800-1000 guns for 2 or 3 times that amount. That doesn't make their guns actually worth that... it's still just an AR. I just sit back and chuckle... poor financial choices...[/QUOTE]

And I suppose if and when a weapons ban of any form passes, you'll tell anyone who didn't buy at these "insane" prices was a fool? Can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. There is way more to economics in this world that just having a single buyer and a single seller... You have to look at all of the conditions within the marketplace as factors in buying and selling decisions.

Its disappointing to me how many people seem to think that economics only involves 1 thing, their personal opinion on what the price to pay for something is...

I remember paying less than $.95 per gallon of unleaded gas... All these suckers today buying gas at $4.00, those fools!

I don't need to justify anything. I understand the concept of supply and demand. So did the buyer that was happy to buy my mags that are virtually impossible to find nationwide. Have a great day.

Unfortunately, understanding simple economics isn't the strong characteristic of many on this board. For whatever reason, if you paid more or charged more for something than they thought it's worth, you're either an idiot or a gouger... I sure as hell hope these people say NOTHING when a weapons ban does pass in either of the liberal states here in the Pacific Northwest or the US as a whole.

I have not been watching prices, but I did get an email from one of the online retailers notifying their customers that there is a rather large selection of Tula ammo that will not be imported into the US in 2013.
I cannot even stipulate as to the reason, but looks like at least one supplier of cheap ammo is not delivering.

I have seen supplies gradually hitting the store shelves again. I was able to buy powders (local store) and primers (Cabela's: CCI Per 1000 Primers). I think that manufacturers are slowly filling the void and we should be back to normal by summer. If I am wrong. We are in trouble.

Clicked on that link (which is sold out, btw) and then noticed this one...

Cabela's: Remington® Unprimed Rifle Brass – Per 50

Are there really women who stand chest-deep in new brass and run their fingers through it? :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top