JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People are always absent of reason, look at the last two presidential outcomes!

But even when people turn into animals the natural instinct takes over. Self preservation, and in many mass shooting incidents the cowardace of the shooter comes out when facing opposition. They have no fear because they believe they have the power. Once that power is sacrificed the coward will sometimes rear it's coward face.

No this is obviously a different outcome when confronting a extremist. They may be void of any and all human nature and emotion. They are less than animals. Only evil controls them.

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

People are always absent of reason, look at the last two presidential outcomes!

But even when people turn into animals the natural instinct takes over. Self preservation, and in many mass shooting incidents the cowardace of the shooter comes out when facing opposition. They have no fear because they believe they have the power. Once that power is sacrificed the coward will sometimes rear it's coward face.

No this is obviously a different outcome when confronting a extremist. They may be void of any and all human nature and emotion. They are less than animals. Only evil controls them.

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

They may be cowards or they may be terrorists or both - but dehumanizing them falls into the same pit of hate that they fell into. It is a common technique of "leaders" to dehumanize a group of people in order to get followers to kill those that the "leader" wants them to kill or other wise harm.

That doesn't excuse their actions - they are still responsible.

Saying "they are less than animals" is a common way to dehumanize someone.

You can plan, practice all you want, more times than not unless your accustomed to high stress/chaotic environments where you can remain steady handed, and your heart won't be pounding your point of aim off by several feet. You shouldn't be shooting period.

How many LEO videos do you see where they are less than 10 yds, fire a magazine of ammo and hit nothing, or very few times.

Muscles memory won't save you during those times.

Better to do a bunch of push ups, sit ups, and sprint a 100 yards and practice shooting a different distances.
Have your buzzy tazer your anus, then keep rapping that tazer while you try to fire accurately.
Good luck.
Have you ever heard of Tony Sentmanat? We was on Mark Bell's Powercast recently, otherwise I never would have heard about him. He has a youtube channel called ReadWorld Tactical and he puts a lot of physical activities into their training. RealWorld Tactical

Check out there most recent video:

Regarding the concern about innocents being accidentally shot, I would expect that after the first short bit of time potential victims would be on the ground under cover or stampeding to jam the exit door. In any event, out of the line of fire. Other than some who may freeze up, I would expect the shooter might be the only target actually visible.

Regarding the concern about innocents being accidentally shot, I would expect that after the first short bit of time potential victims would be on the ground under cover or stampeding to jam the exit door. In any event, out of the line of fire. Other than some who may freeze up, I would expect the shooter might be the only target actually visible.
I can see where you might expect that, but people occasionally do the most bizarre things under extreme duress.

My Brother-in-law, who is an Oregon LEO and SWAT Team operator, was kind enough to give a firearms safety course, as well as some tactical training. According to him, most shootings in urban settings occur with in 25 feet, so this distance is where LEOs are training. In a nutshell, a LEO isn't going to shoot in a situation where innocent people may get hit- he/she will seek cover and maneuver for a clean shot. Of course an active shooter is considered a threat and that gives an officer the green light to shoot back, but clearly he/she is not going to go in shooting. If they can get the shooter to surrender and drop their weapon, the LEO will take the shooter into custody- but obviously if they reach for a weapon they will eat lead. And an active shooter will no doubt be the target of multiple LEOs- they won't be shooting for long before they get dropped.

When my BIL explained to me how a LEO makes the decision to shoot/not to shoot, it became clear how difficult their job can be. They only have .75 sec to decide, and clearly if they aren't ready to shoot and the suspect is drawing a weapon on them, that LEO may not be coming home. Shooting a suspect who surrenders their weapon is also a scenario that seems to be happening in the news alot, but for those who were killed by Police while being arrested I suspect many were not listening to instructions, or were going for a back up weapon. Presenting yourself as threat to a LEO can put you in the morgue pretty quick.

Geno

I would point out that the stats for LEO shootings and those for civilian shootings may be quite different. LEOs are often in different scenarios - e.g., traffic stops - whereas shootings between civilians may be a wider range of scenarios.

It would be interesting to separate out the two; i.e., defensive justifiable shooting by civilians vs. those by LEOs.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews