JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Only time I handled a Colt anything was the AR while in basic. Sounds like another company from yesteryears is going under instead of trying to compete.

Who care's? There are so many AR's from the "base" to the "high end" to choose from why would anyone care?
They used to make their civilian ARs to their military specifications. Somewhere along the way they started cutting costs.. so yeah they've essentially become nothing special. I'd take a SOLGW or a BCM over a Colt these days

I've never had a desire to purchase a Colt. It's like a name brand shoe company in my opinion. Your paying extra for a logo.

Only time I handled a Colt anything was the AR while in basic. Sounds like another company from yesteryears is going under instead of trying to compete.

Or they got a fat juicy Gov contract, which has been their bread and butter for decades. Colt has long history of blowing off civilian sale in favor of hooking the Man up. Either way I doubt they are going under

That said as I posted elsewhere...

BCM
Centurion Arms
Daniel Defense
KAC
LMT
SIONICS
SOLGW

Something tells me I'll get by.

To be fair Colt barrel was the only one offering chrome line chambers and bores for quite some time. BCM today is what Colt used to be. Then the higher end ARs such as Noveske and LMT started stealing some of those sales as well but they cost a lot more. Then the budget ARs stole the lower end market so Colt just got squeezed out of the market slowly over time. Most people looking for Colts are looking for the older ones now

It used to be the "Prancing Pony" really stood for something, but those days are Long Gone! Colt is but a shadow of what it once was!
I will be keeping my Pony's, if nothing else as a reminder of what once was the very pinnacle of quality firearms arms!

When I was in Italy, there was a marketing campaign going on that simply read, "Drink Beer." All of the major brewers looking to get into the market went in on the agnostic ad simply because Italians drink wine, not beer, and they needed to convert people before competing at the brand level.

Sure seems like something similar could be done here, with guns, to non-shooters. Wouldn't help Colt though - seems it's too late for them.

Colt has military and LE orders that have them full up. The are not accepting orders from wholesalers because they can't promise a fulfillment date. Colt will make an announcement shortly.

The currently over valued Colt AR's will go up in price even more. Kind of like an Obama panic buy but in reverse, like when a tire is only flat only the bottom. :confused: (huh?).

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top