JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll bet a Pmag that fresh civilian Prancing Ponies roll out in time for the 2020 Election Panic. This is probably just about some very big contracts with VERY big Penalty Clauses for failure to deliver in specified quantities before specified deadline. Nothing more than that.

Back before the AW Ban of '94.....COLT let down many in the shooting sports world. So, it's really nothing new. IMHO.

Not to mention, that nowadays, many manufacturers are making ARs (and cheaper too) so.......

Aloha, Mark

PS....IF the antigun crowd wants to declare a victory over this step. Whatever. Most, are idiots anyway.

Last Edited:
During the assault weapons ban of 94 Colt decided to make the receiver pin holes for the trigger and hammer larger so the evil M16 parts could not fit into them. This made it hard to find aftermarket parts for a while but a few companies eventually did make some.

It was felt by many they caved into the hype at the time and betrayed the 2A community. Their civilian market share dropped like a rock back then and in my opinion it never recovered.

So this is not new and after the last bankruptcy and restructuring it does not surprise me as they are not the company many of us remembered, they are just a name.

Back then DPMS and Bushmaster pretty much replaced them and where top notch until Cerberus corp. (Freedom arms, Remington) bought them out and destroyed them.

Now it is Anderson lowers and the upper of your choice, Ruger 556, Springfield Saint or Palmetto that can match the quality and features of many of the new Colts for half the price.

I will admit I do have 2 Colt ARs from a number of years back when the name actually stood for something IMO.

Colt released a letter I saw on another forum, basically they received some large law enforcement/military contracts for their rifles which is going go hog up all their production capability for a while.
They prepping for a boogaloo I see...

FFC02379-E2EF-40C2-BC80-34DD8B61CBF5.jpeg

CEO said yesterday that they are halting all production of AR-15s because there's "too many on the market already"...then proceeds to say stupid things like "but we still support the 2nd amendment like we have for the last 180 years"....yeeeeah....let me know how that works out for you buddy...

Looks like it's BCM and DD for me...thanks colt, you just eliminated half the crap I gotta look up reviews on.

Holy crap....what a joke...

They've never wanted to be a player in the commercial market. They have been high priced and never wanted to create a weapon that might be competitive. In the age where one can build a nice AR for $800-1000 why would people be running to one that cost much more. They never seemed to care. They were their own worst enemy.

They've never wanted to be a player in the commercial market. They have been high priced and never wanted to create a weapon that might be competitive. In the age where one can build a nice AR for $800-1000 why would people be running to one that cost much more. They never seemed to care. They were their own worst enemy.
I agree. But when arguably the most iconic name in the gun industry announces some horse poo like this, now we will have to listen to the Left even moreso than we do now because they will surely see this as a "victory".

Sounds like those two men in suits came to the Colt CEO's office, opened the briefcase, showed him the pics from Epstein's island and told him how the game will be played from this moment on. Please sign your pre-written press release. Thank you for your cooperation.

It's not political, it's a sound business move. Most buyers buy a PSA or DPMS, etc so they won't step up for quality and price of a Colt. Has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. This is a good move for Colt.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably one of the most ignorant posts I've seen here in awhile. It's not political, it's a sound business move. Most buyers buy a PSA or DPMS, etc so they won't step up for quality and price of a Colt. Has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. This is a good move for Colt.

That's like saying Ferrari is gonna halt production because most buyers would rather buy a Carolla...there will always be a market for higher quality...always...in addition to that, regardless of the motivations behind the announcement, this will still give the opportunity to the left to use it as a win for their less educated voters.

Tbf, how many ARs did they really sell when others entered the market? If one wanted high end they'd skip Colt and go for BCM or daniel defense. If they wanted affordable they'd go PSA or some other similarly priced brand.

Colt was more or less if you wanted a Colt. And tbh, for quality and price there are better options.

That aside, I never cared for Colt to begin with for not being the most 2A friendly company to begin with.

You're trying pretty hard to wiggle out of your comment.
Has nothing to do with a united front, it's just a business decision. They aren't stopping production
You spoke with them and know this experientially? Didn't think so. You have your opinion, I have mine. Consider turning off attack mode.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top