JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not understand this if CZ bought Colt - how can Colt dictate to CZ on what they should or should not build new or what to DISCONTINUE?

I remember reading all of the 'news' about CZ buying Colt and I just looked up some of those old NEWS searches online.

I can understand not keeping a popular line or some products but for the SUPER popular best sellers - it makes NO sense to me at all.

One of many OLD LINKS:

September 13, 20218:08 AM MDTLast Updated a year ago

Czech gunmaker bets on riding Colt into new markets

PRAGUE, Sept 13 (Reuters) - For Czech gun maker CZG-Ceska Zbrojovka Group (CZG.PR), its recent acquisition of the Colt brand carries both the potential to become a major player in the global firearms market and the challenge of reviving the fortunes of a fabled U.S. name.

Shares of CZG, which listed on the stock market last October, have surged 60% in Prague this year as investors welcomed solid revenue growth and the company's $222 million purchase of privately-held Colt Holding Company - a deal finalised in May that will make CZG a competitor for U.S. leaders such as Smith & Wesson (SWBI.O) and Sturm, Ruger & Company (RGR.N).

Colt, with plants in the United States and Canada, will give CZG the capacity to expand production beyond its main factory in the Czech Republic and allow it to compete in U.S. military contracts because it will fulfil "Buy America" regulations requiring U.S. production.

MORE on the link.

Cate
Because CZ is letting Colt management run the CZ conglomerate in North America.

Because CZ is letting Colt management run the CZ conglomerate in North America.
Hello,

Thank you for the information.

It does not make any sense especially since COLT screwed up so many times in the past and has a bad record when it comes to running their company from a to z.

CZ is STUPID for making that decision in my opinion.

Take care.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews