JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know about you good folks, but to me, THIS is how a SA COLT should look! Damn, I wish this was mine! ColtSAA04.jpg

I like the satin blue.

When I bought my USFA the fit and finish was fantastic for a $450 SAA. At the time I was glad the finish made the gun soo affordable.

And I thought the high polished and blued pins [screws] give the gun a little understated class?

In any case I was lucky enough to buy one.:D

Just look at the gate to frame fit! This when Colt sold some cheep overseas SAA version with casting pit's in the frame. :confused: I think they called it the cowboy.

That's a beautiful gun - I love that finish!

Ura-Ki,
I shoot the Dragoon a bit . 40 grains of 2 or 3 F and a .454 round ball.
It sure does the job on gongs with that load.

The pistol is made from spare parts from my shop.
A converted flintlock , a chunk of old rifle barrel and a hand carved maple stock.
40 grains of 2 or 3 F and a .15 patch with a .530 round ball works wonders ...
Andy

Ura-Ki,
I shoot the Dragoon a bit . 40 grains of 2 or 3 F and a .454 round ball.
It sure does the job on gongs with that load.

The pistol is made from spare parts from my shop.
A converted flintlock , a chunk of old rifle barrel and a hand carved maple stock.
40 grains of 2 or 3 F and a .15 patch with a .530 round ball works wonders ...
Andy
Sure is nothing like Smoke and fire from a charge of FFF! Makes a man wish for simpler times!

When I was back in grade school in the late '60s there was a husband and wife team that did a fast draw exhibition at our school assembly. I remember she had long blond hair and he had dark hair and wore a cowboy hat. Can't be 100% certain it was Bob & Becky Munden shooting their Colt SAAs, but I'd like to think so.

We had something similar man/woman quickdraw team. I was in Junior high at the time. They demoed some fast shooting with a timer. Th guy opened with talking about gun safety and how he was sure his gun was unloaded one time when he was much younger and he quick drew on, IIRC his younger sister, and nicked her bathrobe with a bullet.
That got everyone's attention.

Brutus Out

Schwing! We have a winner!
The others are real purdy, but to me, this one is beautiful. What a wonderful inheritance.
Have you shot it?
Yes! I have about 50 rounds through it so far. It's my wife's favorite to shoot. Wish ammo was little cheaper for it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top