JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yep. Its all real ...

y8IFYT.jpg

The Little sister to the above Colt. USFA Rodeo I just got back from removing that God Awful satin blue finish and fresh nickel from nutmeg sports...
TQA4ol.jpg

USFA Rodeo I just got back from removing that God Awful satin blue finish and fresh nickel from nutmeg sports...
Several years ago I was "this close" to buying a USFA gun. The flat finish, while practical, just left me cold... Glad to see how you fixed it. Nice SA.

But but but, they're Single Action! Eewww!:confused:

Almost no handgun catches my eye like a single action, especially if i know it's a Colt. Probably due to the romanticism from my childhood days, watching the good guys on TV and in the movies who always carried them.
Unfortunately I just don't shoot them well.....

Sgt. Nambu,
So is the 1911 , but I won't say that too loud ... LOL
MMMM... Two of the coolest handguns ever and both single action .
Might be something to that idea... LOL
Andy

Last Edited:
LOL!!! Ya got me there, Andy!:) When I was a kid we would visit a friend of my dad. He had one of those, old style, davenports with the bottom boxes for bedding. Those boxes were cram jammed with Colt SSA's! There had to be 200ish of them, all working, nice revolvers! You guys would go nuts! :eek:

When I was back in grade school in the late '60s there was a husband and wife team that did a fast draw exhibition at our school assembly. I remember she had long blond hair and he had dark hair and wore a cowboy hat. Can't be 100% certain it was Bob & Becky Munden shooting their Colt SAAs, but I'd like to think so.

When I was back in grade school in the late '60s there was a husband and wife team that did a fast draw exhibition at our school assembly. I remember she had long blond hair and he had dark hair and wore a cowboy hat. Can't be 100% certain it was Bob & Becky Munden shooting their Colt SAAs, but I'd like to think so.
Even if it wasn't them, you have a great thing to look back on.

I recall a guy doing a exhibition with revolvers and rifles, but they were all 22's and wile he wore a cowboy hat it was double action revolvers and pump rifles. It was indoors in our big auditorium and we were allowed to put cotton in our ears. He shot a Indian Chief (With headdress) picture on a thin tin rectangle. Coeur d' Alene, Idaho mid 50's. There was a girl doing some shooting to, all rifle. I was unimpressed as they did not have SSA's

Except for my CCW Smith and Wesson 357 Model 60 and a silenced .22 the only handguns I have are single action. Colts, USFA's and Rugers in 44 Mag and 45 Colt. I dip into semiautos sometimes and realize pretty quick I don't like the damned things.

Never watched cowboy movies, TV shows or anything like that. I think its more that my dad used to do fast draw competition when he was young and I always heard about that stuff so I lean towards single actions as being "real guns" especially if they are hot rodded up. Most of mine are..

That nickeled USFA has been tuned and that thing runs like a Swiss watch.

The Little sister to the above Colt. USFA Rodeo I just got back from removing that God Awful satin blue finish and fresh nickel from nutmeg sports...
View attachment 287994

I like the satin blue.

When I bought my USFA the fit and finish was fantastic for a $450 SAA. At the time I was glad the finish made the gun soo affordable.

And I thought the high polished and blued pins [screws] give the gun a little understated class?

In any case I was lucky enough to buy one.:D

Just look at the gate to frame fit! This when Colt sold some cheep overseas SAA version with casting pit's in the frame. :confused: I think they called it the cowboy.

Last Edited:
I think you might be correct! I remember a couple just like that doing shooting exhibitions in OryGun during the mid 70's! I also remember a Boy Scout Jamboree up on Scouters Mt. outside PDX and I think they were there too!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top