JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's astounding how such a little win, in another state, can uplift a persons spirit! This coupled with watching the "43 Grupo" vid on Off Topic and "I feel Capitol!!!"

Alright Dave W., who should we target for this treatment in Washington?

Brutus Out

Geez, how much paper you got?
The list could be rather extensive.

It's astounding how such a little win, in another state, can uplift a persons spirit! This coupled with watching the "43 Grupo" vid on Off Topic and "I feel Capitol!!!"

Not such a "little win" when you analyze things (read my column, it'll clarify a lot).

This was rather significant. Mikey Bloomberg's big bucks are no assurance of a guaranteed election outcome.

A message was sent to swing district far left Dems all over the map: Don't mess with gun rights.

A message was sent to the media: People actually CAN cut through your B.S.

A message was sent to Congress: Pay attention, because all politics is local

More rumblings in New York as the Sheriffs are refusing to enforce their stupid law, or only enforce when necessary.

There are plenty more examples - ie shell casings in DC - which need to be rescinded.

Your representatives need to hear from you.

Good article on Politico: The plumber vs. the billionaire

Michael Bloomberg is the mayor of New York and a media mogul who weekends in Bermuda and whose net worth is an estimated $27 billion. Victor Head runs a plumbing business with his brother in Pueblo, Colo.

The two clashed from a distance Tuesday in the Colorado gun recalls, and Head gave the billionaire a righteous drubbing. The defeat of two pro-gun control Colorado state senators in recall elections sends a message that should be heard all the way back on the Upper East Side, and maybe even in Hamilton.

As for the NRA and the Koch-backed group Americans for Prosperity, they certainly played in Colorado. The pro-recall forces were still badly outspent, by as much as 8-to-1 according to some estimates. Bloomberg wrote a personal check for the anti-recall side for $350,000.

He printed and distributed them to local gun clubs to make people aware of an upcoming town hall meeting for Giron. Head got dozens of people there, but he felt Giron short-circuited the discussion. At the next town hall, he again handed out fliers to build a crowd, but this time Giron ruled that the discussion was to be exclusively about mortgages and barred Head from the room.

Head still got Giron to agree to hold one more town hall before the vote on guns, and this time roughly 1,000 people showed up. If Giron didn't realize then that she had a populist revolt on her hands, she needed to be in a different line of work — and now she is.

I gave a couple times to their campaign and it was some of the best money I have ever spent. If only California could get this kind of thing done... (I believe recall is not available in New York unfortunately. What a travesty they had, any republican that voted the SAFE act needs to be ousted in the next election).

I did find it funny that one of the other complaints Morse made was that now the precedent is set for booting some political hack - is that he 'fears this will now become a tactic widely used when one side doesn't get their way' (paraphrasing there) - poor babies.

It only works when the majority support it.

The victory here is the proof that our system still works. When you are unhappy about current politics, they can be changed and it all starts on a local level and grows from there. We all have the power in our local regions to make change. Firing senators, mayors, sheriffs, whoever needs to be changed, is something we can do.

But it is even more local than that. It starts by changing the hearts and minds of people in your life. You cant force change in peoples hearts. You can only plant the seeds the same way the libs have planted the seeds that its uncool to be "right of the line". But to do that you have to spend time with libs. We do have common ground and common interests.

In Portland there are plenty of libs who's hearts can be changed. Majority of liberal voters are actually on the fence. They aren't actually informed on much of anything and just vote that way because their hiking buddy votes that way. If their Frolf buddy voted on the right side of the fence, they might also. We can change the momentum in Portland. One of the largest misconceptions that can be changed is that we are the party that supports the success of minorities.

I worked with a guy that was a gun control nut. And with good reason...his grandfather was gunned down by a tweeker during a test drive of a car his grandfather was selling. That kind of history is not easy to overcome. And I never tried to argue his feelings. I simple asked him one question. "If you could go back in time and put a firearm in your grandfathers hands, would you do it? Would you give him that fighting chance?"

I hadn't seen him for a year. Over the past year he has educated himself on the subject and has done a 180 with regard to firearms. Now if I could only change his heart about nationalized healthcare. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top