JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On second thought, this may be presented with intent to give the impression the girl is having unsupervised use of the rifle or that firearms are available for children. They did not mention that the father actually had to be the one to purchase the rifle.

Okay, so call me cynical. After all, it IS CNN.

No problem there....other than the fact that CNN "forgot" to mention that the girls dad actually made the purchase with a strangers $100 donation. Dad had to go through the background check just like any good, law abiding citizen. Just more media bias, expect nothing less from CNN.

All of the above. Plus the reporter made it sound like the girl was playing with the gun in the store, 'her favorite thing to play with there', like she was running up n down the isle playing cops n robbers or something.. Plus this, "while she was playing with it and while her father was not looking, a stranger handed her this $120 and told her 'buy this gun". Why is this guys family on national news over this? I think a lot of news stories are from a reporters creativity. There is no shortage of willing participants to be on tv or in the news. They could easily donate $120 to a store and hold a free raffle to win this gun, like the ones we see everywhere for any thing. They usually have terms and conditions the same as winning a large lottery scratch off, where you sign your rights over and allow them to dictate the way the winner's video is edited & published. You usually have to sign a disclosure as the winner, to refrain from giving any details or information out before you can accept the prize. All the while when we sit and watch what we think is real news, its scripted to a degree that George Orwell & Alfred Hitchcock wouldn't realize that their movies were less horrific than reality.

Yeah, great story. I also felt a tear forming up in my eye. Someone wanted to give the girl a chance to get into a great sport.

The downer is that with people like CNN I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop as they say.

SO I am confused this Spring I will be teaching my grand daughters who will be 8 and 9 at the time how to shoot. I can assure you I will have to be buying a pair of rifles for them. Is this somehow a bad thing?

OH wait I really don't give a rats exit hole what CNN thinks about anything..

Carry on.

SO I am confused this Spring I will be teaching my grand daughters who will be 8 and 9 at the time how to shoot. I can assure you I will have to be buying a pair of rifles for them. Is this somehow a bad thing?

OH wait I really don't give a rats exit hole what CNN thinks about anything..

Carry on.

Amen to that. I am in the process of working with five,, count em...5 granddaughters.

I love the fact that their excited about it, they know they're not play toys.

All of them have 94 winchesters that were bought for them before birth.
CNN would have a fit watching them at the ready on the bench.

I didn't see any hidden messages like some of you guys did, just a straightforward story. It was however strange to see it treated in a straightforward way by the likes of CNN. I guess it just goes to show, gun control is dead (outside of the fantasies of a few politicians).

They should be around my tree this Christmas when I give my daughter a 7mm-08, boxes of ammo, reloading dies, brass, powder and projectiles. She's gonna have to use my press, tho.

Stomper, I ate asparagus. Yep, the brussel sprouts work.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top