JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it feels like your saying "my way is better than your way"..

There's so many easier ways to express an opinion or even disagree with someone than suggest or allude to fears and obsessions. I like to have conversations as if someone could end up a friend or could know something I don't. Lastly I let people live without suggestions they are doing it wrong, nobody here is out hurting anyone and in fact they would only help someone in such a rare case they need 2 mags. We need more people like that in the world.
Live a little, let people express different opinions and just say your not worried about stuff as much. This isnt a cult where everyone is required to be the same....
No, I'm saying that when you are the hammer forum, everything looks like a nail.

For many of us, gun stuff has a become a lifestyle. Single issue voting, obsessive debates about the cutting edge of 9mm hollowpoints, 3 yard shooting drills and plastic, plastic, plastic. The fun has absolutely drained out of the sport as EVERYTHING is seemingly a 'life and death issue'.

I have dabbled in gun forums for 20+ years. And it has gotten darker and darker. Everyone is angry, everyone is tactical, everyone is certain that at some point in the future they are going to kill a fellow American.

All of this stuff happened in a vacuum. The US got less violent, not more (spiked up in COVID, though). Almost no one carried a gun 30 years ago, now you're considered an idiot or traitor if you don't. Hardly anyone like "jammomatic" AR15s back then, either. Gun magazines featured elephant rifles, hunting handguns, reloading antique ammunition, custom 1911s, pricey AUGs, DA/SA autos and frequent articles about how anything below .308 is an embarrassment to patriots everywhere. Now all gun forums are obsessed with Glock clones, prepping for everything and ARs.

The gun community has a major case of fatalism.

No, I'm saying that when you are the hammer forum, everything looks like a nail.

For many of us, gun stuff has a become a lifestyle. Single issue voting, obsessive debates about the cutting edge of 9mm hollowpoints, 3 yard shooting drills and plastic, plastic, plastic. The fun has absolutely drained out of the sport as EVERYTHING is seemingly a 'life and death issue'.

I have dabbled in gun forums for 20+ years. And it has gotten darker and darker. Everyone is angry, everyone is tactical, everyone is certain that at some point in the future they are going to kill a fellow American.

All of this stuff happened in a vacuum. The US got less violent, not more (spiked up in COVID, though). Almost no one carried a gun 30 years ago, now you're considered an idiot or traitor if you don't. Hardly anyone like "jammomatic" AR15s back then, either. Gun magazines featured elephant rifles, hunting handguns, reloading antique ammunition, custom 1911s, pricey AUGs, DA/SA autos and frequent articles about how anything below .308 is an embarrassment to patriots everywhere. Now all gun forums are obsessed with Glock clones, prepping for everything and ARs.

You paint with an extremely broad brush.

I disagree. Whats changed from 30 years ago is more and more prohibition based gun control. Tell people they cant own something and people will buy it in advance. People back then were just as pro 2A as today, they just didn't need to be as vocal about it maybe.
People who own tactical firearms does not mean they are obsessed with the subject, its natural once you buy something to learn how it works and how to work it. Even you own an "assault rifle", not just any but a legal SBR. What do you "need" an SBR for, are you obsessed with it, no but you want to discuss upgrading it just like anyone else here. Its not a life and death issue to build up a collection and figure out how it benefits oneself.

There are people that go overboard with things maybe even guns, but the gun community as a whole is not that person.

I disagree. Whats changed from 30 years ago is more and more prohibition based gun control. Tell people they cant own something and people will buy it in advance. People back then were just as pro 2A as today, they just didn't need to be as vocal about it maybe.
People who own tactical firearms does not mean they are obsessed with the subject, its natural once you buy something to learn how it works and how to work it. Even you own an "assault rifle", not just any but a legal SBR. What do you "need" an SBR for, are you obsessed with it, no but you want to discuss upgrading it just like anyone else here. Its not a life and death issue to build up a collection and figure out how it benefits oneself.
What are you talking about? In the last 30 years CC carry has become common and even unlicensed. Silencers and SBRs went from weird and pricey to common. Shooting sports have proliferated. SCOTUS decided several major rulings in our favor. No nation gun control of any consequence has passed since 1994 - and that sunsetted. Stand your ground laws.

How could you live through all of that and only come away with the conclusion that everything is getting worse? The NRA has been crying the same tears since the '70s.

What are you talking about? In the last 30 years CC carry has become common and even unlicensed. Silencers and SBRs went from weird and pricey to common. Shooting sports have proliferated. SCOTUS decided several major rulings in our favor. No nation gun control of any consequence has passed since 1994 - and that sunsetted. Stand your ground laws.

How could you live through all of that and only come away with the conclusion that everything is getting worse? The NRA has been crying the same tears since the '70s.
are you not aware of whats being passed in the Oregon legislature the past few months? Washington too?

I'm happy for other states that are regaining the freedom back but those states don't affect me unless I move.

You can use that fancy ignore button. No one is forcing you to be here.
Not all. I'm not offended by you. I just think it is absurd how you act like you're above it all, but are constantly monitoring my posts to make personal commentary. Whatsa matter, buddy?

are you not aware of whats being passed in the Oregon legislature the past few months? Washington too?

I'm happy for other states that are regaining the freedom back but those states don't affect me unless I move.
I am. I am also aware that Washington legalized SBRs not so many years ago and gave everyone so much notice about a future AW and mag ban that anyone who ever wanted to buy an AR or a high cap mag now has 20 of each. It's a funny place.

Not all. I'm not offended by you. I just think it is absurd how you act like you're above it all, but are constantly monitoring my posts to make personal commentary. Whatsa matter, buddy?
I Enjoy pointing out stupidity.

And I am not above anyone. You're the one with that mentality.

IMG_2714.jpeg

I am. I am also aware that Washington legalized SBRs not so many years ago and gave everyone so much notice about a future AW and mag ban that anyone who ever wanted to buy an AR or a high cap mag now has 20 of each. It's a funny place.
so things arent improving, here anyways. In just the last few years Ive seen the most infringements and reduction in my right to bear arms. So to me, things are getting worse.

so things arent improving, here anyways. In just the last few years Ive seen the most infringements and reduction in my right to bear arms. So to me, things are getting worse.
Things are getting worse. Not only in regards to the 2A but the totality of America is in a drastic downfall. Ethics/morals/laws are out the window. America as a republic (cause it's not a democracy) will fall.

Things are getting worse. Not only in regards to the 2A but the totality of America is in a drastic downfall. Ethics/morals/laws are out the window. America as a republic (cause it's not a democracy) will fall.
yup. and while there have been some small victories in some states remember that those are re-gaining what was lost. And while thats unfolding the people that continue to try to take away our gun rights are also simultaniously working on indoctrinating out children to believe that supporting our 2A is.... "deplorable".

I didn't say anything about you being above anyone. Just contrasting my posts about guns with your incessent posts about me. It's strange.
You literally said I act like "I am above it all." - Post #128.

I said you're a clown….. to your face (on the internet which means nothing). I stand by that statement. Your comments, attitude, and "Holier than thou" mentality gets a response from members here. Many who just block you cause they are tired of your sh!t. Ever wonder why everyone treats you a specific way? Maybe it's not us….. maybe it's you.

Not my problem if you don't like the critique. I'd say the same thing if you were sitting in front of me. Every time you come into a thread you try and take over, start arguments, derail, throw around "stats" and big words. The way you conduct yourself brings upon criticism and scrutiny.

Last Edited:
You literally said I act like "I am above it all." - Post #128.

I said you're a clown….. to your face (on the internet which means nothing). I stand by that statement. Your comments, attitude, and "Holier than thou" mentality gets a response from members here. Many who just block you cause they are tired of your sh!t. Ever wonder why everyone treats you a specific way? Maybe it's not us….. maybe it's you.

Not my problem if you don't like the critique. I'd say the same thing if you were sitting in front of me. Every time you come into a thread you try and take over, start arguments, derail, throw around "stats" and big words. The way you conduct yourself brings upon criticism and scrutiny.
You see, the phrase "above it all" refers to being above the concerns of normal folks. Being cool. The "it" doesn't refer to people.

I don't see any critique. Just name calling. Go for it. I don't judge you for it.

As far as how people treat me - I get a lot of likes, too.

You see, the phrase "above it all" refers to being above the concerns of normal folks. Being cool. The "it" doesn't refer to people.

I don't see any critique. Just name calling. Go for it. I don't judge you for it.

As far as how people treat me - I get a lot of likes, too.
See I define people as "it." That way I never "misgender" anyone…..

IMG_2715.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads