JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why is getting in a shootout not equally unrealistic for people that live and work in low crime areas?

Because it's a gun forum?
"You see that stuff on the news. I never thought it could happen here."

- Says every victim of "gun violence."

Not the kind that requires 30 rounds.

And I carry it only for particular scenarios. But it takes zero effort to carry compared to what is being discussed.
And I carry 56 rounds.

does this mean your risk assessment for you should apply to everyone else? Then why the comments about having phobias or fantasies?
Certainly not. And I would expect anyone reading this who isn't a reasonably well off person living in a lie crime part of the low crime PNW to speak up. Especially if they get in a lot of gunfights.

Certainly not. And I would expect anyone reading this who isn't a reasonably well off person living in a lie crime part of the low crime PNW to speak up. Especially if they get in a lot of gunfights.
Then why the comments about phobias and fantasies?

Then why the comments about phobias and fantasies?
Why the comments about trolls and clowns? Are you accusing me of being the unpleasant one?

I think you realize that my usual point of view is that a large amount of what is taken for granted on this forum is somewhere between unrealistic and pure fiction. And I like to note that because I think people ought to be thinking about the stuff they take for granted.

Why the comments about trolls and clowns? Are you accusing me of being the unpleasant one?

I think you realize that my usual point of view is that a large amount of what is taken for granted on this forum is somewhere between unrealistic and pure fiction. And I like to note that because I think people ought to be thinking about the stuff they take for granted.
And I'm guessing you've never witnessed true violence first hand. Which is a blessing.

What exactly is unrealistic or pure fiction?
Being mugged in a low crime area or being a victim in a mass shooting at like a mall?

please cite an example of anything here someone is being unrealistic about.

Just gonna put this out here for those who want to learn about risks of violent crime happening to them.

Hint: it's not as low as most people think.
There are two problems with this report.

It is from 1987, when crime was higher.
And it doesn't include information about location. And that's the real issue here: Where you are determines your likelihood of being a victim of crime much more than just about anything else.

And almost no one on this thread lives in a place like South Chicago or Coahoma County, Mississippi. Those are the kinds of places that make the US violent crime stats as they are.

What exactly is unrealistic or pure fiction?
Being mugged in a low crime area or being a victim in a mass shooting at like a mall?

please cite an example of anything here someone is being unrealistic about.
That anyone here is ever going to be in a US gunfight that involves two 15 round mags.

That anyone here is ever going to be in a US gunfight that involves two 15 round mags.
It's not just about the number of bullets……

Mags are one of the number one issues for malfunctions.

It's not just about the number of bullets……

Mags are one of the number one issues for malfunctions.
With some guns. I would never worry about an HK, SIG or Beretta mag from certain eras. Today the springs aren't as good and there is an active industry of replacement mag springs that didn't exist before.

But I'd carry a second gun instead of multiple mags if I was facing that kind of concern.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top