JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who said anything about allowing anything?

It always stuns me what sort of weird conclusions people come to. I already said do whatever makes you happy.
I'll go out on a limb and say everyone in this thread knows there is a very low probability they will need their gun. So Im kinda lost on what your point is here?

You know, there's one thing about the internet
1685750745371.png

Let me put it another way: One of your most likely ways of being mutilated or killed is from having a car accident. To me, wearing 5 pounds of belt accessories is a lot like taking the bus. Sure, the bus is inconvenient, but it is 20 times less likely to kill you than a car. If the stakes are high (maiming or death by vehicle accident), the discomfort and inconvenience of bus commuting would be even more inviting than the discomfort and inconvenience of a concealed duty rig.

Or, you can take you chances with the comfort and convenience of pickup truck and a pocket pistol.
You are not proficient at hypotheticals.

I'll go out on a limb and say everyone in this thread knows there is a very low probability they will need their gun. So Im kinda lost on what your point is here?
That if people say they are uncomfortable every day because of all the hardware they have jammed in their pants, they are likely lowering their quality of life out of concern/fear/obsession with one and only one unlikely risk.

Live a little. Wear shorts that don't have a belt. This isn't Yemen.

That if people say they are uncomfortable every day because of all the hardware they have jammed in their pants, they are likely lowering their quality of life out of concern/fear/obsession with one and only one unlikely risk.

I'll pass.

But thanks for trying to tell me how to live my life. Lol.

So much for freedom. You do you. I'll do me. And if Sh!t hits the fan I'm not tossing you any of my gear.

I think your "probability/statistics" are f-cked.

But I'm sure it's "your truth."
There is no "truth". Just probability. I wouldn't drive a car if there was a 50/50 chance I was going to get killed doing so. We all balance risk and reward. The only reward I see in being uncomfortably well armed is that it either soothes a slightly irrational fear of criminal violence or it is fun.

Fun is fine.

I remember when CCL first were a thing. I was living in Virginia and a regular at a steel match. One of the guys who showed up was 6'3", had a crusty looking beard (before that was cool) and never smiled. He always had a huge fanny pack that was clearly a pistol. It always struck me as funny - no one was ever going to target this guy, regardless of whether he was armed or not.

I'll pass.

But thanks for trying to tell me how to live my life. Lol.

So much for freedom. You do you. I'll do me. And if Sh!t hits the fan I'm not tossing you any of my gear.
Right, and you're not telling me how stupid I am for living mine.

There is no "truth". Just probability. I wouldn't drive a car if there was a 50/50 chance I was going to get killed doing so. We all balance risk and reward. The only reward I see in being uncomfortably well armed is that it either soothes a slightly irrational fear of criminal violence or it is fun.

Fun is fine.

I remember when CCL first were a thing. I was living in Virginia and a regular at a steel match. One of the guys who showed up was 6'3", had a crusty looking beard (before that was cool) and never smiled. He always had a huge fanny pack that was clearly a pistol. It always struck me as funny - no one was ever going to target this guy, regardless of whether he was armed or not.
If that's the only "reward" that you find then we do not look at the world through the same lens. But none of this will change my mind. And I won't try and change yours.

Why someone is so focused and critical on what I carry in my personal life is beyond me.

To be clear I could give a sh!t how you live your life, what you carry, or where you live.

If that's the only "reward" that you find then we do not look at the world through the same lens. But none of this will change my mind. And I won't try and change yours.

Why someone is so focused and critical on what I carry in my personal life is beyond me.

To be clear I could give a sh!t how you live your life, what you carry, or where you live.
Jeez, you comment non stop about me and what I say and do. You have some nerve to act all butt hurt now.

it feels like your saying "my way is better than your way"..

There's so many easier ways to express an opinion or even disagree with someone than suggest or allude to fears and obsessions. I like to have conversations as if someone could end up a friend or could know something I don't. Lastly I let people live without suggestions they are doing it wrong, nobody here is out hurting anyone and in fact they would only help someone in such a rare case they need 2 mags. We need more people like that in the world.
Live a little, let people express different opinions and just say your not worried about stuff as much. This isnt a cult where everyone is required to be the same....

it feels like your saying "my way is better than your way"..

There's so many easier ways to express an opinion or even disagree with someone than suggest or allude to fears and obsessions. I like to have conversations as if someone could end up a friend or could know something I don't. Lastly I let people live without suggestions they are doing it wrong, nobody here is out hurting anyone and in fact they would only help someone in such a rare case they need 2 mags. We need more people like that in the world.
Live a little, let people express different opinions and just say your not worried about stuff as much. This isnt a cult where everyone is required to be the same....
Trust me, this is not a person you want to be friends with.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top