JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Um...No thanks.
We already have a way to determine whether or not an individual can own a gun...
Its all in the questions on the 4473 form.

Now to be fair here...
Many folks see the form itself as a way of infringement and there are also examples of people , who should not own a gun and still get a "proceed" from the 4473 and Back Ground Check .
How about making sure that information is passed on to the relevant agencies and enforcing the firearm laws and controls that we already have , before making a new method of control , infringement or law....

But with that said :
My social status and buying habits , do not , and should not define me , or my ability to own a firearm.
Andy

My social credit score would probably be 0. The only spy device I own is the phone I'm typing this on and it only gets used for this and the occasional text or phone call. Well, that and the fact that I'm generally not social. :rolleyes:

Infowars published it, so I'm automatically taking it with a grain of salt. However, I've seen other references to the proposed technology, so this one might have some truth to it.

As to the proposal? So much BS it boggles the mind. You know, .gov spying on you without a warrant, followed by some incompetent flunky analyzing the data to determine if you can or cannot exercise an enumerated constitutional right. Complete crap and shows you just how far down the drain we've gone as a free society.

A "social credit" score based on the opinions of millions of clueless, mentally lazy, a-holes who's opinions are based upon the ramblings of the likes of the hags on The View, Ellen, The Bachelor, Lost, Naked and Afraid....

Yeah, naw. :rolleyes:

Soooo a chinese system? Alot of his shenanigans are usually tactics to play certain opponents. But i aint seeing the angle on this one. Bad move.
The left loves and praises anti freedom brutal china, theyd be all for a social credit system. Hell they already practice one called "social justice".

A larger question is "when will Americans hold their government accountable for its actions, as opposed to the government holding its subjects responsible for their actions"?

Long past time to reel this government back in... No more spying on innocent people...

If someone avoids social media like the plague then how would they score?

I don't wanna have to join Facebook to exercise my rights.

Besides this being orwellian and unconstitutional, it's not a great idea to trust in technology to fix things too much.

Because rights shouldn't be dependent on bug free code.

I don't like a lot of the things coming out of E. Warren's mouth...but I think she's dead on with her approach to Google. It's now a monopoly and it's time the Fed steps in to force the company to break up into smaller, more focused companies that no longer share income streams.

Oh, also - social credit system like the crap that China is already doing? Oh the irony...let's start a trade war with them only to entertain the idea of copying their Orwellian policies to...further align our disparate cultures?

Wanna hear something scary? I killed my Facebook years ago. My wife noticed activity on my account not long ago...yet the account remains inactive. The only way that I can think of that this would happen is if FB doesn't have a full stealth ability due to their code size and structure...so someone or some bot on their side culled some data and that activity was logged as action by some other process. Good to know...that they're still mining on even dead accounts.

FB is like the mob or a gang. You never really get out. I know someone inactive for almost a decade but was able to link friends & family through them.

It would be nice to erase your footprint from a platform you no longer want to be a part of. In a few years these antifa terrorist are going to have a regret or two.

Social Credit Score to Determine Who Can Buy Weapon?

"The Trump administration is considering launching a social credit score-style system in coordination with Big Tech that would use spy data collected from Amazon, Google and Apple devices to determine whether or not an individual can own a gun.
"

Me thinks this is to rile up the base.
If it get's out that he is really floating these ideas around in his head, that will lead to more people who sit on their hands in Nov 2020

When the media typically reports the police entering someone's home finding 100 dollars, 50 rounds, three guns, and a reefer, then implies the guys a drug dealing thug with unreasonable horde of guns and ammo, alluding the person should be jailed just for that cache alone, I'm not feeling good that any action which is taken on such social credit scores used in profiling (a word supposedly abhorred by the left) our citizens, would be justice served.
Maybe even grounds for anarchy against an out of control, tyrannical government..

Profiling, err "Judging" folk through credit scores is horrendous enough!
Innocent till proven guilty keeps getting farther and farther from reality.
Is it not already just a fictional parable?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top