JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Counting on you!!!

• I'm IN on this!

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Got it on my radar!

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
Earth Day on The Hood!

A Cleanup in Mt. Hood National Forest

Sunday, April 22, 2018. 9 AM to 1 PM

4-22-18 Event Flier Final.jpg

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/9KKgJA1mvE42
GPS: 45° 9'58.13"N, 122° 9'19.39"W
14 miles up river from Estacada on Hwy 224. Look for the direction signs. Meet in a large parking area next to the highway just after Carter Bridge Day Use/Picnic Site and the first bridge.

Details:

Join Trash No Land & Tread Lightly! for Earth Day 2018 in the Mt. Hood National Forest as we cleanup the Fish Creek area! Several dispersed shooting sites need our attention, including the old landing strip. The event starts at 9:00 am and ends around 1:00 pm.

Enjoy a free barbecue lunch provided by Tread Lightly!

Win some great free prizes from Sportsman's Warehouse, Hat Point Target Stands, Rapid Fire and Sporting Systems!

Bring; Outdoor clothing, boots, gloves, rakes, magnet & manual pickers and a stewards heart!

After the event, enjoy an afternoon of recreation as you wish! So bring your play-time fun toys for the 'After Party'!

All are welcome! We recommend children be of age 12 or older and be under adult supervision as there may be hazardous materials and sharp objects.

Website Event page: Earth Day Mt Hood 4-22-18

Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/521189974949088/

Questions? Email Bill Cogley, Trash No Land, President, at [email protected]

USFS Mt. Hood & Clackamas County Dump Stoppers

Stewardship Keeps It Open!

Last Edited:
Wifey and I are thinking maybe. Kind of depends on what the weather is like a couple of days before and after. If I can't be caught up somewhat It might be tough to make it. This is a good one for me as I know of several sites up Fish Creek that will need attention most likely.

One week to go on this one. NEXT SUNDAY!

We're meeting here, in that parking lot along Hwy 224 just past the first bridge.

Before 4-22-18_12.jpg

I went up into the Fish Creek area today. My or my! I guess it's about what I expected, but, it always makes me shake my head seeing this stuff.

Before 4-22-18_11.jpg

Let's start back down the road about 2 miles at the 36 Pit... Lots of trash! Really looks bad on us. We'll definitely want a crew to come here.

Other crews will head up into the Fish Creek area. It'll be like an Easter Egg hunt to find shooting places that need clean up. Most all do, but the challenge is to find them down the various roads. Would be best to have someone who knows the area to direct people.

First one is on the road as you drive up. Should NOT be a shooting place at all!

Good thing we're having a big BBQ lunch! We're gonna need it!

I'll be there!

Kid brother is going to be in town from Reno so he will be there too.

No wife or little one however...

ONLY AT THIS EVENT!!!

Win this nice pair of Nikon Binoculars! A $99.99 retail value! One lucky volunteer, with the matching free raffle ticket number, will go home with a nice pair of A211's! Each volunteer receives a free raffle ticket at the sign-in table.

nikon_nikon_aculon_10x42_binocular_1380142_1.jpg

Nikon Aculon A211 10x42 Binoculars - The ACULON A211 10x42 binoculars feature 10-power multicoated lenses and 42mm objectives fabricated with Nikon's exclusive lead and arsenic free Eco-Glass™. The BaK4 Porro prism systems within all ACULON A211 binoculars deliver a high quality image under a multitude of lighting conditions, making these binoculars effective from dawn till dusk. All together the ACULON A211 10x42 binoculars are a compact, high-quality, and cost effective choice. Features Include:

• Featuring ashperical multicoated lenses and BaK4 high index Porro style prisms
  • Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups
  • Ergonomic lightweight design
  • Durable and protective rubber-armored coating
  • Manufactured responsibly with lead and arsenic-free Eco-Glass
  • 42mm objectives

Thank you Sporstman's Warehouse Happy Valley, OR!!! Visit and 'Like' their Facebook Page! Heck, while you're at it, 'Like' our page too!... Trash No Land!

More fun stuff to win coming soon!

Nope! Your volunteer service is all we ask for! Tread Lightly! is buying our lunch! Reno911 is cooking it up for us! His visiting brother will be helping, however, we could use at least one more person for food prep and serving.

Thanks for your willingness to offer! This is a treat to all who attend!

Wear you NWFA Swag!
NWFA Tee.jpg
The camera crew, from Tread Lightly! will be at this event filming a video (flying in from Utah). (They are also buying our lunch). It'd be cool to see a lot of NWFA Tees! I'm sure the video will be at least on the FB page and may go on their website. That means a lot of exposure!

This will be a good opportunity to show how strong we feel about preserving recreational shooting on public lands!

If you got it, wear it! If you don't, buy one (and put a rush on it so you have it for next Sunday!). You may need to send @Joe Link a message and see if you can pick it up from him before Sunday.

HAT POINT TARGET is encouraging stewardship in recreational shooting with a gracious donation of this unique target stand. One lucky volunteer will win this! And it will be well worth it!

Made in the USA, the Hatpoint Target Stand "multi-width high impact tough polymer target stands" will make your target shooting experience organized, simpler and happier. Our target stand allows you to effectively display your targets just about anywhere. You can change the width configuration of your target stand to hold quite a few different targets and scenarios.

Rifle shooters, hand gunners, hunters, Law Enforcement gun ranges, and competition teams find this stand to be a useful tool for setup, training, practice, and storage.

Use of this target stand promotes responsible recreational shooting on public lands.

THANK YOU HAT POINT TARGET!!!

@HatPointTarget

As we join together in a show of unity and respect for the privilege to shoot on public lands, we emphasis the fact that WE ARE NOT CLAIMING RESPONSIBILITY for the mess that's out there, but rather, WE ARE CLAIMING TO BE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING IT UP.

We are the volunteers. The ones who value the privilege to recreate as we wish. The ones who desire to see heritage passed down to the next generation so they may experience the same values we hold so dearly.

It's called stewardship in recreational shooting. And it's making a come back. Stewards are those who know what stewardship means. They know it's the careful and responsible management of something entrusted to one's care, such as, our natural resources and our privilege to shoot on public lands. A good steward never disrespects a right or a privilege entrusted to him.

The Forest Service has a lot on their plate. Funding and staffing is not enough to do all that's needed. Continuous maintenance and attention is in high demand. They need and value organizations like Clackamas County Dump Stoppers, Tread Lightly!, Trash No Land and others. The Forest Service works hard at caring for the land and serving people, while Dump Stoppers works diligently at taking load after load out of our forest, yet, more needs to be done.

This is where our volunteer help steps in. We partner with the Forest Service and Dump Stoppers to help restore quality recreation for all who visit our great outdoors. Clean and well maintained shooting sites reflect well on the shooting community and enhance the quality of recreation for all.

Good stewards value access to public land and the privilege to recreate as we wish. We appreciate a clean and healthy forest. We recognize the need to be involved in the careful and responsible management of that which is entrusted to us.

So this Sunday, Earth Day 2018, we are coming along side the USFS Mount Hood National Forest and Clackamas County Dump Stoppers, to show of our appreciation for their diligent work in providing quality recreation for all.

It doesn't matter if you target shoot, hunt, hike, 4 wheel, 2 wheel, fish, swim or float on public land or not. What does matter, is that good stewards come together and show appreciation for the public land we share.

Thanks all!

Bill Cogley
President
Trash No Land

Mt Hood pic.jpg

THIS COULD BE YOUR LUCKY SHOT!

Win a Lucky Shot 50 Cal Real Bullet Pint Glass or a 30mm A-10 shell casing shot glass courtesy of Sporting Systems of Vancouver!

You will receive a free raffle ticket when you sign in at the cleanup event. At lunch, we'll draw some lucky numbers to win these!

THANK YOU SPORTING SYSTEMS VANCOUVER!!! We appreciate your consistent support of stewardship in the shooting sports!

Facebook: Security Check Required

Beer not included. :D

I could use those beer glasses.

Well, and the shot glass too.

Maybe reno411 will win them?

I could use those beer glasses.

Well, and the shot glass too.

Maybe reno411 will win them?
If not, you'll have to buy them. They're on the shelf at Sporting Systems. I see the pint glass is $30 and the A-10 casing shot glass is at $16.

I bought the 308 shot glass last month. Love it!

Bullet Shot Glass.jpg

Ok, Reno411 will be wearing his Nevada Shooters Battle Born shirt to this clean up to show pride for Nevada. Don't want to be outdone by the local folk up there.
Reno911 and Reno411's dad.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads