JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Let's Do This!

• Total voters
EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED TO SAT, APRIL 14TH!!!
Due to the forecast for high winds, this event has been MOVED from April 7th TO APRIL 14th!!!

At our meeting, with DNR this evening, we all agreed to make the call. So I got home as quickly as I could to let you know. I'll be editing the info in the original post #1.

Thanks for your understanding! You can blame the Weatherman!

Due to the forecast for high winds, this event has been MOVED from April 7th TO APRIL 14th!!!

Makes sense. Unfortunately I'm already committed to helping build VBS decorations for several churches on the 14th. Monday is looking nice, so I may just go up to Arrowhead pit and do some cleanup and shooting. I have a new .308 rifle and .22 pistol that need to be exercised. I've got Steve Rhodes number, so will arrange a trash drop off at another time. Bob

I've changed the meeting place to be at the Jones Creek ORV Trail Head Parking Lot. It's the first place you come to on the L1610 road and will not be hard to miss! We'll head up the road to the shooting spots from here.

edit 4-5-18 to include new cover photo and new cleanup date.

DATE CHANGED & MOVED TO APRIL 14TH!!!

The date change is a good idea. Unfortunatly I won't have anyone to babysit the doggers. Will probably just stay for the cleanup, not shooting after.

This is the first one I've ever changed. Too bad! It just looks too risky. They recently cut down a lot of trees right next to the L1610 from Jones Creek Trail Head parking lot up to the L1500 at Jackson pass. That's right where we're planning this cleanup! High winds could easily mow down some of the other trees who have not experienced that blast of wind before. It's not worth the risk! Besides, a lot of people wouldn't try to come anyway (with that kind of forecast).

I'd rather have better weather anyway! I'm now accepting donations to pay off the Weatherman for good weather on the 14th. If you're paying cash, make it out to Bill!!!

:)

Cool, Bob! What is VBS decorations?

VBS = Vacation Bible School. Held in the summer after school is out. Decorations and staging are built based on the topic/theme for the week. Last year it was all robots and factory workspace kind of stuff. To economize, a number of churches go together to build the sets, and they are passed along after each church uses them.

Thanks for the early warning. Guess we can sleep in now! We will make it up on the 14th. With Saturday being free now, think we are going to go get that last piece of carpet and junk off that forest road out of Scio plus clean up any areas if needed and do a bucket list item. Try out the new GPS and try and find Indian Prairie lake that is up in the same general area. Found it 30 sone years ago but never have been back.
There is no such thing as bad weather, just poor choice in clothing!

I figured out a way to get some 'GREEN' back to NWFA members! Green as in the green Volunteer status banner under your user name.

I've modified our volunteer sign-in sheet to accommodate your user name. After the event, I'll list the user names here and tag it to @Joe Link . He'll take it from there. It's a little more work on my part but it's worth it because each of you who volunteer deserve the recognition of your stewardship efforts.

My biggest problem has been trying to read your handwriting! So please write clearly! If I can't read it, it doesn't get reported.

I'll do this at all volunteer events this year.

Thanks and see you at the cleanup!

Bill

I figured out a way to get some 'GREEN' back to NWFA members! Green as in the green Volunteer status banner under your user name.

I've modified our volunteer sign-in sheet to accommodate your user name. After the event, I'll list the user names here and tag it to @Joe Link . He'll take it from there. It's a little more work on my part but it's worth it because each of you who volunteer deserve the recognition of your stewardship efforts.

My biggest problem has been trying to read your handwriting! So please write clearly! If I can't read it, it doesn't get reported.

I'll do this at all volunteer events this year.

Thanks and see you at the cleanup!

Bill
Thanks @Cogs . I do enjoy my "I Love Me" banners ;) I also noticed the clean up flier at Sportsmens Warehouse in Orchards. It had the old date on it and I didn't have a good way to change it. Will try to stop by later to fix it.

I also noticed the clean up flier at Sportsmens Warehouse in Orchards. It had the old date on it and I didn't have a good way to change it. Will try to stop by later to fix it.
Shoot! I'll get them a new one right away. I'll have to recount how many I distributed and drive the route to replace them (I think 6 all together).

I don't think anyone would have gone anyway, just because of the forecast. It did sound pretty nasty! Hoping next Sat will be a better forecast and folks will be more inclined to get out. We need a warm weekend without rain!

The morning was nice except the wind. We got almot 2 inches of ran here last night. Tried to go to Camp Morrison today to get the rest of the carpet and do some clean up but there was a big old tree down at mile 1. We needed to go to mile 5. Well maybe next week.

I had a huge wind blast at 6 AM Sat that lasted till 6:30. I thought for sure it would last all day. Not so. Was fairly mild here in Washougal most of the day. Only steady rain. I'm sure it was cold and wet all day at the cleanup site. Glad we moved it!

Pickups! We'll need a few pickups DNR will have a large dumpster in the JCTH parking lot and we'll be hauling stuff off the mountain and down to the dumpster. 4 wheel drive is not necessary but I know there will be a few of those.

I got a call from a homeowner/shooter who lives along the L1000 near the forest boarder. He is asking for help with some stuff that has been dumped near his place. There is a blocked off road where people have been bypassing, driving into the forest and dumping. No shooting in that area either but he hears it going on often. I'd like to send a small crew over to help him haul it out. Might need 4x4 for that.

Let me know if you are bringing a truck!

Thanks

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top