JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Let's Do This!

• Total voters
Buddy and I were up at Arrowhead Pit this morning about 9:30. Five others there shooting, so I talked to them about NWFA. Two left a short time later, the other three by 11:30. We did some shooting, picking up trash, eating snacks, yakking about the way it was when we grew up, some more shooting, some more cleaning up.

Somebody had already been bagging trash, but it hadn't been hauled away. Unfortunately, a visitor thought one of those trash bags would make a good target: we collected up the contents and drug it back to the road side. Our contribution was two more big trash bags of small stuff, and other miscellaneous items that wouldn't fit in bags [wood, large chunks of plastic, fuel canisters, etc.
Arrowhead pit cleanup.jpg

Thanks, @Dungannon !!! I really wanted to schedule this cleanup for Arrowhead pit but thought it was equally important to cleanup the Jones Creek shooting areas before the trail season begins in May. Arrowhead always needs a cleanup!

We need more of your kind of Random Act of Cleanup! Good on you, man!

THIS WEEKEND! WE'RE GETTING THE FOREST FIT FOR RECREATION!

Come join us this Saturday, April 14th, at 9 AM. Meet at the Jones Creek Trail Head Parking Lot.

We're going to do a little exercising in our shared backyard playground to benefit recreation of all kinds in the Yacolt Burn State Forest. We plan to get that area in good shape and improve the recreational experience for all who come to play this spring & summer.

A healthy forest is a happy forest! Feel the BURN!

Stewardship Keeps It Open

This is where shooters shine! We are there representing the Recreational Shooting Sports community and we're working side by side with all other rec groups. This is not the old 'Pick Up The Burn', that was sponsored by DNR, this is a shooter sponsored event. I'm glad to see the other groups joining us because they can help us in our efforts to improve recreational shooting on public land.

So come help us make a strong showing from the gun community. The target shooting 'After Party' will be happening after the event (around 1 PM).

Hey, so with the date changing, the wife will be out of town, as a result I think I am gonna bring my dog. Obviously with all the sharp stuff he has to stay in the truck mostly, so me+dog+truck will kind of be 1 unit, as in I don't want to leave him by himself in the truck and drive to a different spot. I was intending to be one of the haulers anyway, but want to make sure that won't cause issues.

No problem. As long as you're aware of the glass at shooting sites. Really too bad about that. I'd like to take my dog but usually can't because I'm at a shooting place with broken glass!

See you Sat!

I talked with DNR today about using the Jackson Pass pit for the 'After Party'. They said yep, it'll be open for a group shoot! It's nice and big! Only bummer is having to park down below and carry gear up to the pit. Once you're there, it's awesome!

Snow level is a little further up and over at Arrowhead Pit, so, I don't think we'll do anything with those areas up there.

We have signs placed at the areas we'll be cleaning up. No shooting till 1 PM because of our cleanup. After that, we're good to go!

I paid off the Weatherman for half a day of good weather! The first half. (Cost me an arm and a leg. So, I won't be able to walk very well or pick up anything and I may look a little funny, but it will be worth it!) Still, bring some rain gear just in case he reneges on our deal!

Don't forget to bring a lunch, boots and gloves. DNR will provide the trash bags and disposal.

You won't need a Discover Pass tomorrow, as long as you are signed in as a volunteer for this event. In fact, the hours you volunteer, with a DNR project such as this, will apply towards a free Annual Discover Pass for next year! If you volunteer 24 hours throughout the year, you can get a free pass. Ask at sign-in about a voucher for volunteer hours.

This will be a perfect opportunity to learn about The Burn and where all the recreation spots are. Meet some great people as well!

See you in the morning!

Bill

And the longest drive award goes to... Rem700..300 and wife Tracy! From Albany, OR to the Yacolt Burn, WA! Great effort and very much appreciated!

Nice day, no rain, good working conditions! 25 volunteers! Mostly from Piston's Wild 4x4 club and Jones Creek Trail Riders Association. We had 4 of us from NWFA. Those are...

@Taco_lean , @WrenchNguns , @Rem700..300 , @Cogs . If you didn't write your user name on the sign-in sheet, let me know. Most everyone who signed in did put their affiliated group. Watch for the 'Green Volunteer badge under your user name when @Joe Link can assign it.

We had a total of 25 people and overfilled the 20 yard dumpster plus and big trailer full of tires! (Mostly filled by Rem700..300 and Tracy!)

All said and done, we made a positive difference on behalf of the gun owner/shooting community. Thank you folks who joined in!

And the longest drive award goes to... Rem700..300 and wife Tracy! From Albany, OR to the Yacolt Burn, WA! Great effort and very much appreciated!

Nice day, no rain, good working conditions! 25 volunteers! Mostly from Piston's Wild 4x4 club and Jones Creek Trail Riders Association. We had 4 of us from NWFA. Those are...

@Taco_lean , @WrenchNguns , @Rem700..300 , @Cogs . If you didn't write your user name on the sign-in sheet, let me know. Most everyone who signed in did put their affiliated group. Watch for the 'Green Volunteer badge under your user name when @Joe Link can assign it.

We had a total of 25 people and overfilled the 20 yard dumpster plus and big trailer full of tires! (Mostly filled by Rem700..300 and Tracy!)

All said and done, we made a positive difference on behalf of the gun owner/shooting community. Thank you folks who joined in!

Thanks for all the hard work setting this up!

My only complaint was the distinct lack of gun bunnies in bikinis. :s0132:

6Corsa6 and I surmised this was due to the weather, and summer cleanups would have some. :D:D:s0104:

Looking forward to the next one on this side of the river!

Thanks for all the hard work setting this up!

My only complaint was the distinct lack of gun bunnies in bikinis. :s0132:

6Corsa6 and I surmised this was due to the weather, and summer cleanups would have some. :D:D:s0104:

Looking forward to the next one on this side of the river!
You and @6Corsa6 were awesome! High Five to these guys! Thank you for your work today!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top