JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's one that kind of goes without saying...

If you make a verbal commitment to buy/trade something, follow through on your commitment. On a related note, do your due diligence prior to agreeing to buy/trade an item on terms that have been agreed upon by both parties.

/End soapbox.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but please, please, close your ad when the item sells or if you no longer wish to sell it just shut it down.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is #1 for me, I hate to read all the way through a for sale thread, and at the very end, it says SOLD. Please close your ads when sold. :s0067:

I've actually considered making a video (screen capture style) showing how to properly made a classifieds ad (as well as a series of other 'how to' videos for the forum).

Sadly I doubt the people who need to see it would watch it.
I would watch it, I like tutorials!
...not that I do much on the classifieds, and doubt I ever will...

Also, I just figured out what NIB stands for! LoL

I'm sure it's been mentioned but please, please, close your ad when the item sells or if you no longer wish to sell it just shut it down.
Better yet.. become a donating member so you can delete it all together... It really doesn't cost much at all. a whole year of bronze is no more than a few sales on fleabay... well worth it for the ability to bump sooner etc.

Better yet.. become a donating member so you can delete it all together... It really doesn't cost much at all. a whole year of bronze is no more than a few sales on fleabay... well worth it for the ability to bump sooner etc.

I refuse to buy a "bronze" on principle at this point.

Not that it's in the cards right now anyhow.

...the person with 10 ads on the same page in parts and accessories. Each with one item and posted minutes apart.

That is still nothing compared to Armslist. There is a shop in Eugene that constantly posts over 100 weapons in separate ads consecutively. I listed a pistol this morning, and 5 minutes after listing, I was on page 10 because of him. :mad:

Nods in agreement. FLakes that offer less than half of asking price, or 7 goats abound. But the responses are so plentiful, that you will sell your stuff to upfront guys. I am actually selling two items today from Armslist, after getting about 20 stupid responses to each ad. There are some guys that don't know about this forum, and the "list" is the only game in town. When I do run into "good guys". I always point them in this direction.

Can we get a hierarchical tree to define commonality please?
I get easily confused in the rare, super rare, very rare, kind of rare, not so rare, extremely rare, sumwhat rare world.
Knowing if I'm seeing a unicorn, Sasquatch, dragon, vampire or just an everyday zombie may help with my price/value concerns. ;)

Although I never play the classified section "thread Sheriff", I have occasionally endorsed or elucidated further information on an item someone is selling (to aid them in selling it), or mentiond the asking price is a good deal.
Yep, like a lot of people don't realize that Vortex has a lifetime, transferrable, no questions warranty on their optics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top