Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Classic Arms is auctioning Izzy Mosins serial #7 and #8

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Artilleryman, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Originally from the central midwest but have reloc Active Member

...just stumbled across this & thought I'd share, as I know there are many Mosin enthusiasts here....

Classic Arms Inc.

2. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Nice, but not that big a deal. The serials didn't follow what we would expect to be a sensible format. Single digits were created when a factory re-tooled, they got new receivers, or the line boss decided to start over. I've seen a 0001 91/30 before.

But it's still damned cool.

3. Artilleryman

ah crap, I thought I had found something significant lol...ah well....thanks for squaring me away on that, another bit of knowledge to add!

4. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Well having a low serial weapon is still a talking point. I'm sure it will eventually raise the value of it as a collectible as they become more rare.

5. Artilleryman

good point