JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^^^Im pretty old and I remember not understanding math or English very well as it seemed my teachers were more interested in traversing the curriculum than helping us kids understand in a practical way.

Eventually I taught myself mathematics and English....because designing industrial HVAC systems and writing elegant reports meant I could enjoy a fat paycheck. No one 'splained that to me in school

I'm only 30, but I got out before common core math. I'm not positive what it is, but ive seen a few examples, and it is atrocious. Not really a political indoctrination, but an assault on quick critical thinking for sure.

I also got a load of crap in history. Everything is reduced down to very simple ideas that are usually based on some kind of truth, but does not stick to it very well. The civil war being just about slavery is one of them. The warm fuzzy Thanksgiving fables and the settlement of the american west are a couple others. Literally everything about resettlement, unofficial treaties, reform schools, etc. was left out. Basically its a history of how the USA apparently did no wrong in becoming who we are today. :rolleyes: Acknowledging mistakes is a very important part of studying history, IMO.

I'm only 30, but I got out before common core math. I'm not positive what it is, but ive seen a few examples, and it is atrocious. Not really a political indoctrination, but an assault on quick critical thinking for sure.

I also got a load of crap in history. Everything is reduced down to very simple ideas that are usually based on some kind of truth, but does not stick to it very well. The civil war being just about slavery is one of them. The warm fuzzy Thanksgiving fables and the settlement of the american west are a couple others. Literally everything about resettlement, unofficial treaties, reform schools, etc. was left out. Basically its a history of how the USA apparently did no wrong in becoming who we are today. :rolleyes: Acknowledging mistakes is a very important part of studying history, IMO.
You did a better job of saying what I meant thanks

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top