JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im pretty fresh out of public Oregon schools including Southern Oregon University in Ashland... Not sure what indoctrination you're talking about. Most teachers, even liberal ones dont bring up politics, or if they do, they respect others opinions. Can't say at any point did a teacher try to sway my thoughts politically.

Now, the student body... thats a different matter. I had students in my face every day at southern oregon protesting or petitioning something. I think this is the same thing thats happening in high schools today. I mean, look at how much attention the Florida school kids are getting, its getting other students involved. And while teachers and parents are supporting them, these kids are drawing their own conclusions. Probably from seeing and hearing about their peers getting shot.

My kids were in NC public schools, so I can't speak for Oregon. With that said - I began to see the state teaching my children outright lies in history classes. Math class resulted in learning relationships between numbers which had no practical application, leaving my children confused. Common core sucks, as does the "No Child Left Behind" Act, which was/is a nail in the coffin of public education. At the very least, as you said, there is an indoctrination amongst peers. My wife and I decided that we'd rather our children grow up in an environment that allows them to learn and decide things for themselves rather than be taught to the lowest common denominator and assimilating with children that can't look someone in the eye or hold a conversation due to screen addiction. I don't view other kids as inferior for being in public school, this was simply a personal and very important choice for us. YMMV.

There has always been pieces of history that was never taught in school. I don't remember much about the Chinese and how the were treated in the Pacific northwest in the mid to late 1800s or how settlers and traders passed small pox contaminated blankets to native Americans
It has always been out there if you want to know about how we treat each other which certainly is not class material in my high school at least during the 70s. School in my mind should provide the tools to find the info if you really want to know but you need to have the want to learn.

There is good reason for this, its a myth! The British Army might have, during the French and Indian war.
Bull I
At fort mackinaw on the northern tip of the southern peninsula of Michigan British records have this recorded
I remember seeing the logs myself part of the Hudson bay trading records
It also talked about the massacre of the British the Indians committed at the fort

This isn't about school teachers teaching school kids to collect petition signatures. It is about a group of activists holding a class for people to learn how to collect signatures. Totally different. These people suck but they're not doing anything we wouldn't do if we had an initiative to pass around

Bull I
At fort mackinaw on the northern tip of the southern peninsula of Michigan British records have this recorded
I remember seeing the logs myself part of the Hudson bay trading records
It also talked about the massacre of the British the Indians committed at the fort
Fort Pitt in 1763 is the only known plan to do so. Whether they did it for sure is disputed because it didn't work there. It is an isolated occasion at worst. But that is just what is documented. I suspect it was done and failed which would explain why it wasn't done more. The British army at that time was fairly pragmatic and germ theory was not yet developed.

The logs were displayed for all to see at fort mackinaw and they use to quarantine buildings so they had to know something. Even as a kid I knew this was wrong.

The logs were displayed for all to see at fort mackinaw and they use to quarantine buildings so they had to know something. Even as a kid I knew this was wrong.
But even so, your original assertion is mythical. Settlers and traders are never documented as doing so. We have a probable lone attempt by the British Army.

But even so, your original assertion is mythical. Settlers and traders are never documented as doing so. We have a probable lone attempt by the British Army.
It's actually a fraud perpetrated by famous Indian impersonator Ward Churchill that started the smallpox rumor based on the single incident that may or may not have actually been implemented at ft Pitt.

This isn't about school teachers teaching school kids to collect petition signatures. It is about a group of activists holding a class for people to learn how to collect signatures. Totally different. These people suck but they're not doing anything we wouldn't do if we had an initiative to pass around

Hey jruby. I have you on ignore. Be a pall and put me on your ignore list too. Thanks!

I will concede as I know of no other case. My cell phone died and was out or I would have responded faster.

My kids were in NC public schools, so I can't speak for Oregon. With that said - I began to see the state teaching my children outright lies in history classes. Math class resulted in learning relationships between numbers which had no practical application, leaving my children confused. Common core sucks, as does the "No Child Left Behind" Act, which was/is a nail in the coffin of public education. At the very least, as you said, there is an indoctrination amongst peers. My wife and I decided that we'd rather our children grow up in an environment that allows them to learn and decide things for themselves rather than be taught to the lowest common denominator and assimilating with children that can't look someone in the eye or hold a conversation due to screen addiction. I don't view other kids as inferior for being in public school, this was simply a personal and very important choice for us. YMMV.

I'm curious what some of these history lies were. Also the math. I didn't get any math instruction on high school that wasn't practical on some level, which includes some calculus.

You know...I am beginning to identify the source of the liberal leftist rant...

These are the kids I saw in the grocery story 20 years ago throwing a tantrum at the checkout stand because Mommy said "No" when they wanted some candy. So they scream, fall to the ground, throw a fit and Mommy became embarrassed, giving them what they wanted so they would shut their pie holes.

Sound familiar to anyone else?
Oldest son did that to his mom in the grocery store-she had a cart full of groceries at the time and instead of caving into him, she picked him up, told the nearest clerk I'll be back, and drove him home to have him stay with his dad. She then went back to the store and finished her shopping without him.....

IMHO, they are Un-American. I mean, they are moving to restrict my Rights under the Constitution. Call it an effort at, "incremental creep".

Consider for a moment.......What if?

A background check and permit was needed in order to attend a church?
A tax was attached to the background check and permit (call it a users fee) to attend church?
A membership list for each church was to be kept and reported to the Central Government?
Certain "prohibited persons" could be barred from attendance at churches?
Attendance at church could be restricted to once per month?
The Government could set the bounds for "reasonable and common sense" approved messages, to be preached?
Purchase, possession and carrying of "Books of Worship" could be restricted to particular times and activities?
Certain religions could be verboten?

If they (Anti-American Gun Grabbers) really wanted to see change........
Why not just be honest and seek to repeal the entire 2nd Amendment?

Put that on the ballot and they would probably only have a smidgen of support for their cause.

Aloha, Mark
It reeks of Nazism or the old Soviet Union.....

I'm curious what some of these history lies were. Also the math. I didn't get any math instruction on high school that wasn't practical on some level, which includes some calculus.

They haven't made it to high school yet. Elementary school history is still telling the same lies I was taught - namely that Columbus discovered America, and the Civil War was fought over slavery because Lincoln wanted to free all the slaves with the Emancipation Proclamation (which, he was told, applied to all slaves - another outright lie). As for the math, I'll have to see if I have any of the old school work anywhere to give a proper example. I can say that Singapore math presents the material far better than the common core material used in some public schools.

FWIW, as far as I recall all math lessons I received in school were practical as well. That was before all the common core nonsense. Either way, I can't help but think that the education system is declining. My father was doing calculus with a slide rule as a freshman in high school - by the time i got to high school, calculus was an AP class that even the smart kids equipped with TI-83's struggled with.

It's also appallingly clear that the education system (IMO) is failing when they refuse to see and teach that guns are nothing more than tools. Evil comes from people, not the things they pick up. Vehicular accidents are the leading cause of death amongst teenagers, but I don't see the faculty encouraging the kids to ban cars and trucks that travel over 10MPH, and have those extra grips on the pillars. Once again, the problem is the idiot behind the wheel, not the car itself. Kids are educated about life altering activities like sex and drug use, but not guns. What a joke. Social skills are learned from the herd, and from what I can tell most of that interaction is through a screen rather than actual face to face interaction.

One example of indoctrination I forgot to mention earlier: My brother and his wife are both teachers. His last year as a public educator was at an inner city school in Greensboro NC. The administration called all the teachers together, stating that from that point forward no child was to receive a grade lower than 60, even if the work was not turned in. My brother's response was "Awesome! I'm taking the rest of the year off. Go ahead and send 60% of my salary to the house." He actually had to explain to the administration that they would be teaching the kids that same thing.

Again, just one man's opinion, and YMMV.

Oh, and I'm not starting any arguments about the civil war. If you'd like to have a conversation about that, we can start a new thread or you can PM me.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top