JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would like to make the suggestion that those of you who can control your emotions, talk intelligently, and not ramble, CALL, don't email, the News station and talk to the specific reporter who did the coverage.

Great points made here on NWFA, but more DIRECT involvement would greatly benefit all of you and Clark Rifles.

Quit batchin', and do something!:D

Great thread, by the way, and I support all of you who are "involved" with this travesty.:D

The reporter should be taken to task...in a nice way:):)

Last Edited:
I'll have to ask the sheriff's spokesperson about this investigation next time I see him as some of his family live in the "neighborhood".
Just out of curiosity, is it just me or did the bullets that were actually bullets look like they had been buried in the ground for years? I'd be willing to bet those were there before the house was even built.

Clark Rifles will be just fine.

And nobody is laughing here....

I think most of us are disgusted by the "presumed-guilty" press coverage over unsubstantiated accusations from a woman who has a history of making questionable accusations against the club.

This too shall pass. My guess is if legal trouble does comes of this, it's for the accuser, not the accused.

As I said, Clark Rifles will be just fine. This just came via email:

The Clark Rifle range will open, at the usual hours, Monday 2 February with the following changes.

Range 1 No changes

Range 2 No changes

Range 3 Open. Effective immediately, all shooting will be done from the STANDING Position ONLY. There will be NO leaning against the shooting position dividers (i.e. all firing will be done from the centers of the shooting position). This is a permanent change.

Range 4. Open for 100 yard only. To fire on Range 4, you must verify your zero on Range 1 each and every time you wish to fire on Range 4. This zero must be verified by a range officer. These are TEMPORARY changes until further notice.

Wanting to make sure they stir up the witch hunters, KATU is doing their best to misrepresent as many of the 'facts' as possible:

https://twitter.com/Katupino/status/561683199839858688

Ok big surprise there's a bunch of metal on a hill that has been a shooting range since 1960. Yes, 1960 - twenty years before that house was even built. But will KATU mention that little fact? Of course not.

-Thirtycal

Last Edited:
< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

<broken link removed>

This shows her house at the end of the 300y range.
SHE wants the club "to move out"?!!!! The rifle club was there first and she knew it so she's the one that needs to move!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Just saw this on the news again, but of course she was having trouble and memory issues so she couldn't be interviewed.... They had LEOs on her property with metal detectors trying to find the round that hit her. I'm guessing it won't he found because it doesn't exist.

The news did mention the range was there long before they were.

Really irks me........

:mad:
I'll have to ask the sheriff's spokesperson about this investigation next time I see him as some of his family live in the "neighborhood".
Just out of curiosity, is it just me or did the bullets that were actually bullets look like they had been buried in the ground for years? I'd be willing to bet those were there before the house was even built.

And they were. Those were cores that had been buried for a couple decades. This is a full out scam and needs hard core rebuttel. Also An expert to examine her so called wounds. Her kid probably hit her on the head with a shovel to instigate this. :\/\/\/ :mad:

Last Edited:
A stray round could have lofted in from any yayhoo shooting up on larch, or any neighbor out shooting on their own property. I haven't heard if the "grazing" even happened durring range hours or not. Or if it happened durring a day when it was closed for LEO/Govt practice?

I remember when Evergreen airstrip on Mill Plain shut down, because all the neighbors complained that the airplane noise was a nuisance. The airstrip was there since the 1920s. Why did you buy or build a house at the end of a runway, if you dont like airplane noise? But they shut the strip down right? So it could happen to Clark Rifles too.

A stray round could have lofted in from any yayhoo shooting up on larch, or any neighbor out shooting on their own property. I haven't heard if the "grazing" even happened durring range hours or not. Or if it happened durring a day when it was closed for LEO/Govt practice?

I remember when Evergreen airstrip on Mill Plain shut down, because all the neighbors complained that the airplane noise was a nuisance. The airstrip was there since the 1920s. Why did you buy or build a house at the end of a runway, if you dont like airplane noise? But they shut the strip down right? So it could happen to Clark Rifles too.

That strip has the unfortunate destiny to be in the middle of a massive hub of growth from the last 20 years. The range isn't going to find itself in that situation.

Evergreen Airport shut down when the Old man who owned it died from Cancer and a few years later his family went to the city to ask for a zoning change so they could sell the land for development. Stating the taxes and upkeep were to expensive to continue operation. It was not the action of any court case.

What you maybe be confusing with Evergreen is Pearson Air Park which went through YEARS of court battles with neighbors only to have it backfire on the petitioners.

Its my understanding the Judge in the Pearson Airpark case had exactly the same opinion. That the Air Park was there since 1920-23 and they were aware of it when they move close by. So the Judge dismissed the case with prejudice so it could not be brought again. And Pearson Air Park is now Jointly owned/operated by the City of Vancouver and the National Parks Service. SO no one will be closing it down period.

Hey Mark. Thanks for the facts on the airstips. I was more just drawing a loose analogy about how people build next to an airstrip, rock quarry, or shooting range, and then years later make a big stink about how its a nuisance. But with the current anti capitalism, anti gun, nanny state, culture that is supported by the media, i can see how quickly the neighbor lady could build support for her cause.

After looking at the pictures of her wound, it is obvious that it is not a bullet wound. I take offence to her actions mostly because i had planned on going to the range on saturday afternoon, so she ruined my plans.

Hey Mark. Thanks for the facts on the airstips. I was more just drawing a loose analogy about how people build next to an airstrip, rock quarry, or shooting range, and then years later make a big stink about how its a nuisance.
Oh figured it was just a confusing of the two stories they were going on at about the same time. If I remember correctly. Only reason I know is one of my Hobbies is Control Line Model Airplanes and I've been to the Pearson Airpark Museum and used to live just off Mill Plain in Vancouver. So I paid attention to the going on up there.

And I strongly agree with you. Don't move next to a dairy if you don't want to be smelling some SHift

This incident has just too many red flags in it for me to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have met a number of dishonest people in my life. The simplest and most logical explanation for this whole mess is this: its a deliberate lie.

These folks would definitely gain a financial windfall if they got the range closed. They probably bought the property for pennies on the dollar, since it was downrange next to a rifle range.

And when there is money to be gained? Boy, oh, boy will folks ever lie and say anything. I've certainly seen that happen a number of times.

I just don't see any credibility at all in their claims. But I guess that it must make for good TV ratings, to show a family being victimized and suffering.

Wanting to make sure they stir up the witch hunters, KATU is doing their best to misrepresent as many of the 'facts' as possible:

https://twitter.com/Katupino/status/561683199839858688

Ok big surprise there's a bunch of metal on a hill that has been a shooting range since 1960. Yes, 1960 - twenty years before that house was even built. But will KATU mention that little fact? Of course not.

-Thirtycal

Look at the bullets, and note there are no jackets left, just lead cores. The copper corroded off long ago and were most likely dug up and had been in the ground from 4 or more decades ago. What a full blown crock they are pulling, and that needs to be stuck in their faces. Hell they probably dug them out of some hillside off in the hills that has an informal shooting area. None look like the typical softpoint cores that are used in hunting rounds. Look more like Lead core FMJ.
Also the supposed hole in the house needs looking at and a trajectory line established if it is even a bullet hole.
The main point anyway is only idiots build next to the downrange end of a rifle range and who gave them the damned permit to build there anyway. Also they should have had the brains to at least build a barrier wall next to it anyway if they just had to live there. That should have all been on the homeowner.
Anyone have a land profile and side view in relation from the firing line. Just for curiosity sake.
I really want this to blow up in that libtards face.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads