JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well alright - there we go - it's gone national.

All I can say is that I truly hope for this old lady's sake that she's not lying about that wound.

The only thing that will bring more hits to these news sites than this sensationalized story, is the followup story that she made it all up. And if that comes to light, upon a national audience, I don't think things will go well for them from there on...

-Thirtycal

Funny, I was hoping she was lying.

I would prefer her lying then to learn that she was hit by an errant round and therefore call into question every safety measure CR and all other ranges have ever put into place. And if she were lying, take the wrath which she (and her participating family) is due.

IMO, they want the value of their home to go up. If she's been there 30 years, maybe it's paid and time to cash out??

I think most of us here (including myself) are convinced she was not hit by a bullet. She was likely hit by a falling tree branch and then decided to use the opportunity to blame the range.

If it does come out that she fabricated this, then she'll likely end up with a much bigger mess than she started with... She's now messing with social media, and that can go wrong real fast.

-thirtycal

Last Edited:
<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Haven't they already caught her and her family in several lies over the years?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Funny, I was hoping she was lying.

I would prefer her lying then to learn that she was hit by an errant round and therefore call into question every safety measure CR and all other ranges have ever put into place. And if she were lying, take the wrath which she (and her participating family) is due.

IMO, they want the value of their home to go up. If she's been there 30 years, maybe it's paid and time to cash out??

What were motivations for all 20 years of those spurilous claims made about Kitsap Rifle and Revolver? Some were political, and Russ is out of a cushy county job, and others were motivated to acquire and repurpose the land on which the range sits.

Too bad medical records aren't public record.
I highly doubt a doctor told her that.
If so I'm sure she would be displaying those records for the world to see.

I'm sure this is just the thing the anti's would jump behind.

I really wish the police would charge them for the investigation if she was lying and they would receive copies of the medical records.

I wish I had a membership there I would go more often just to Piss her off more.
I hope this creates more business for Clark Rifles.
If it was indeed a bullet wound, I believe that would constitute a criminal investigation. Shooting someone by "accident" is criminal negligence. The physicians / hospitals have a legal responsibility to report these to law enforcement as such, regardless of patient privacy. If the physician said it was a bullet wound, that will be in the final report on the investigation. When the Sheriffs' office completes the investigation, the report will be available for scrutiny. I am no attorney, but if she had been shot, Clark Rifles would likely still be closed, even if the investigation could not determine where the bullet came from, or where it went. I imagine the State crime lab and forensics people were involved in this as well.

Wont the police have to talk to the "victim" and the doctor(s)? Once they do that, a portion of her records will come to light - the portion regarding this head wound.

If it is found out that she is lying, the media will do nothing about it. They would have to admit that they reported incorrectly before having all the facts. "Investigative reporting" will then be questioned. They will lose a BUNCH of credibility, and more than likely an audience (or "following").

The media doesn't report "oops, we were wrong". The media reports "guns are evil". That is what sells papers and advertising time slots.

I will bet anyone 10 rounds of 22LR that if it comes out that she is lying, that it may make the newspaper, page 26, a small two sentence "oops" somewhere buried deep... if that much.

Whoa there high roller! This is just a news story! No need to up the ante that much!

I'll match that 10 rounds and throw in another 9.

I AM SERIOUS; How many of you have contacted KATU????????

If ANYTHING like this ever happens down here, I will be all over it like............like...........spilled powder on a loading bench.

COME ON! STAND UP, AND QUIT BATCHING BEHIND YOUR COMPUTER!!

CALL THEM!

I wonder how long this 'pound of bullets' has been sitting there. I'm sure there are decay formulas and measurements that can be done on the lead/copper. Knowing that the club was there for 40 years - and people have been shooting in that area long before that - makes me question the assertion that their house is getting rain down upon with lead, as the story suggests.

Also, the doctor(s) told her she was shot. I would like to know who they were and what evidence supported that conclusion.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top