JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its like those boneheads in Camas that bought the house across the street from the ball parks, then complain about the traffic and noise from the park when games are going. Like you didn't see the freakin parks when you bought the house?

Same here in yUK. We live within a mile of what was once one of the the busiest USAF base in Europe. Been there since 1942. People moved into the neighbourhood, then complain about the jet noise.

Me, I LOVED it. After all, that's one of the perks of being a recce spec - getting to play with big fast jets.

tac

Watch the film. When they show the wall, with Clark Rifles on the other side it is the back side of the wall that is at the top of the embankment in the attached picture. 2nd picture is from the firing line. You can't even see the wall because of the beams put up to prevent stray shots from going high.
rr100yc-150x150.jpg rr100ya-150x150.jpg

Photos shamelessly stolen from the Clark Rifles Web Page.

Last Edited:
Here's a picture of her "gunshot wound" from KATU website.

I see a place where a tree branch made two cuts in her head.

If one of those in an "entrance wound" and one was the "exit wound", that tissue in between should be shredded to hell!

I'm no expert on bullet wounds though, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

upload_2015-1-29_15-20-34.png

If one of those in an "entrance wound" and one was the "exit wound", that tissue in between should be shredded to hell!

I'm no expert on bullet wounds though, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

View attachment 161517

I'd like to hear an expert on wounds weigh in on this. To my untrained eye, it doesn't appear to be a bullet wound. Someone out there must have a practiced eye for such things.

If not shredded the entire side of her head would be bruised.
I would love to see the medical report on that if it was actually an entrance and exit would. I highly doubt it.

If shots miss high those rounds would fly a heck of a lot futher than her house.

View attachment 161517

I was looking at the news clip thinking the same thing. How in the world does that look like a bullet graze wound? I've never had a bullet graze but I've had plenty of branches to the head and they sure looked similar to her "graze." I've personally had this kind of BS happen to me before. Neighbors call cops and complain, cops show up and won't even get my side and see that what the neighbors are saying is completely impossible. Just threats to stop or I'll be fined. Everyone who knows me would say I'm a hard asz about safety. Land owners were rich bigwigs in the county. Hmmm..........

Well seeing what Clark Rifles was in the early 80s and what it is now I sure hope they get all this crap cleaned up. I know from being a former member to even shoot on the 300 line you needed to prove your rifle was sighted in so not even sure how one could over shoot the berm.

I agree with BBS that looks like a tree hit her in the head. No meat on your head to get a entrance and exit wound you would have issues with your skull also:rolleyes:

I've been a member for years, and it would be hard to imagine a more professionally run outdoor range.

Saw a post on the KATU forum where someone speculated it may not have come from the range at all; maybe some yahoo close by shooting somewhere else. I think that's an excellent point. Given the care and level of supervision taken by Clark Rifles, that seems far, far more likely to me.
So if you shoot a gun anywhere besides a shooting range you are a yahoo? Sound a little elitist to me. I used to belong to Clark Rifles and have first hand knowledge of the precautions they take to make sure bullets don't leave the range. When I did belong we were always informed about reports from neighbors claiming a bullet landed on their property. More times than not it was days that weren't open to the general members, but open for Law Enforcement training.

<broken link removed>

This shows her house at the end of the 300y range.

Man, this woman has such an obvious agenda. She specifically said on the air that she wants the range shut down and moved.

And just looked at how much she smiled throughout the conversation! She was simply loving all of the attention.

I wonder how much the value of her land would go up, if the range was shut down? Would she not gain a financial windfall?

I used to belong to Clark Rifles and have first hand knowledge of the precautions they take to make sure bullets don't leave the range. When I did belong we were always informed about reports from neighbors claiming a bullet landed on their property. More times than not it was days that weren't open to the general members, but open for Law Enforcement training.

LOL - When I worked for CA Dept of Corrections we had to put in sky screens and build up the rifle range berm at San Quentin as well as put in an indoor pistol range because of "accidents". In one case some school buses parked in the district yard were shot up a bit and in another Skywalker Ranch / Lucasfilm got some holes in one of their buildings. Both incidents were from outside federal agencies borrowing the range and idiots playing movie shootout with the tuck and shoot while rolling type BS. iirc it was DEA and postal inspectors that were responsible... The fun part was the political pressure not to ask the NRA for advice even though every contractor / consultant they interviewed said they wanted the NRA to review the design and sign off that it met their standards.

So if you shoot a gun anywhere besides a shooting range you are a yahoo? Sound a little elitist to me. I used to belong to Clark Rifles and have first hand knowledge of the precautions they take to make sure bullets don't leave the range. When I did belong we were always informed about reports from neighbors claiming a bullet landed on their property. More times than not it was days that weren't open to the general members, but open for Law Enforcement training.

That isn't what I said nor implied. There are lots of responsible people shooting on Larch Mountain, but there are some seriously sketchy people up there, too. I used to shoot up on the mountain before I got my range membership and let me tell you there were several times I was glad I was well armed. There's nothing elitist about stating what I've seen with my own eyes. I still think that IF there are rounds landing on their property (and that's still an open question in my book), the chance of a round from CCR is almost zero. The chance of a round from one of the groups that are drinking heavily and shooting where they feel like it with little consideration as to where their rounds are landing....much more probable.

I've been a member for years, and it would be hard to imagine a more professionally run outdoor range.

Saw a post on the KATU forum where someone speculated it may not have come from the range at all; maybe some yahoo close by shooting somewhere else. I think that's an excellent point. Given the care and level of supervision taken by Clark Rifles, that seems far, far more likely to me.

I live east of Battle ground on Allworth Road, and there is usually some kind of shooting going on out here. As the crow flies, I am about six miles from Clark Rifles. Being from Montana, I can tell you what "Living in the country" is, and this ain't it. Even though it is "legal" for me to discharge firearms on my property, it isn't safe to do so. Way too many homes in the area, not to mention kids and livestock.

Though I am still on the waiting list to join CR, I have shot there a couple of times. It appears to be a well run and safe range, one of the safest I have seen in years (aside from a military range). Since this woman "maybe" claims to have been grazed by a bullet, Law Enforcement has to investigate it as a possibly criminally negligent act. I hope the investigation clears Clark Rifles of any part in this. Sadly, harassing legal gun clubs is nothing new.

Must be some kind of magic bullet to hit her once and then come back and get her again about an inch and a half farther back.:rolleyes:

What about this^^.

From the video it looks like the gals property is below the grade of the range, and berms pictured in Kid@heart's post. Will the range allow KATU in there to paint a picture for us of the path of an errant bullet, if it's even possible? I have to figure that a long standing range such as this would have many protections in place to keep line-of-sight bullets from getting off range property.

Too damned many unanswered questions and innuendo! We need to send some e-mails to KATU and get the whole story. Explain the wound for one. Let's see the bullet from the wall, if it's still "In There" as he says.
Lousy reporting, but exactly what I would expect, and the reason I hardly watch any of this crap anymore.

Mike

View attachment 161517

HA HA HA HA ......

I thought that EXACT same thing when I saw the "bullet wound".

This is why Four Corners Rod and Gun club in Salem has bought up a number of the properties around the club We just purchased another this last year right next to our entrance. That way we convert them into income properties for the club and make sure OUR renters don't complain about what the landlord is doing next door. This has been a LONG time policy within the club which has been in place since 1947.

I hope Clark Rifles can get past this crazy lady.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top