JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NEW UPDATE 2/9 7:05pm - Sheriff's Investigation Complete (page 10)
UPDATE: 2/3 7:06PM - New information (page 6)

Anybody got the scoop on this?

<broken link removed>

Sounds very fishy.

Thirtycal

Last Edited:
Just the email from them saying they are closed until further notice due to "an incident near the range." The KOIN story makes it sound like bullets leave the range all the time, landing in neighbor's yard regularly... which is BS.

"slight possibility that it was a bullet or a firearm round that grazed the woman."

WTF does that even mean?!? It's "slightly possible" that I'm going to have a 3- some tonight. Yup, that's right. About one in a billion odds, but it's totally "slightly possible"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422430143.057137.jpg

Just the email from them saying they are closed until further notice due to "an incident near the range." The KOIN story makes it sound like bullets leave the range all the time, landing in neighbor's yard regularly... which is BS.

Yeah! They made it sound like the impact area for the Artillary School at Fort Sill, OK! They did point out that the range has been there a lot longer than the house! Big of them ;)

I'm a long-distance honorary member of Clark Rifles [thanks, Lee], and every time I've been there I've been impressed with the level of responsibility shown by all active shooters on the firing points. I'm looking forward to my next visit in June this year - it's almost six thousand miles for me to pay a visit, and I'd sure like to think that it would be open for business as usual.

tac

I "should" be in line to join this year after a 5 year wait - then this happens...

My wife made a joke about how it would suck to have them shut down 2 weeks before I get to join - haha?

Anyway, they have been there a long time, I doubt they will be going anywhere.

The KATU news article comments are getting good. Here's what may be a likely scenario:

aka_scoreboard37 minutes ago

The first time in over 40 years of operation that this has happened? I find it highly unlikely that it was a bullet that grazed her head. I think she grazed her head against something in her yard and is using the gun range as an excuse to try to get it shut down.

People can sue for anything these days, and bankrupt a person/organization by forcing them to mount a civil defense. I hope that doesn't happen here; and I would hope that before anything like that could happen, the investigator would a) have to find the projectile, and b) have firm reason to believe it came from the range, and not from someone in any of the surrounding rural area that may have been shooting that day.

If you look at a map, it's easily seen that this incident area is just a few hundred yards away from what is effectively wilderness area where alot of outdoor shooting goes on.

-thirtycal

I've been a member for years, and it would be hard to imagine a more professionally run outdoor range.

Saw a post on the KATU forum where someone speculated it may not have come from the range at all; maybe some yahoo close by shooting somewhere else. I think that's an excellent point. Given the care and level of supervision taken by Clark Rifles, that seems far, far more likely to me.

There is a Clark Rifles neighbor that has been complaining for years. I wonder if it is the same person?

Don't think so. That situation was with a down-range neighbor. Rumor has it that she called range folks to her home to see holes in her siding (alleged to have been made by lost rounds from the range). Upon inspection, it was seen that sawdust had fallen from the holes onto bricks underneath.

The current 'grazing' incident, as best I can tell from the available information, would appear to be associated with the residence directly across Rawson rd. Although across the road, in terms of property lines it is 'adjacent' to Clark Rifles, as the KATU article states. If this is the property in question, then it is 180 degrees opposite of down-range.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ata=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x54266cc82d0b41dd

This is merely speculation, given the slim details provided so far.

-Thirtycal

Last Edited:
Don't think so. That situation was with a down-range neighbor. Rumor has it that she called range folks to her home to see holes in her siding (alleged to have been made by lost rounds from the range). Upon inspection, it was seen that sawdust had fallen from the holes onto bricks underneath.

The current 'grazing' incident, as best I can tell from the available information, would appear to be associated with the residence directly across Rawson rd. Although across the road, in terms of property lines it is 'adjacent' to Clark Rifles, as the KATU article states. If this is the property in question, then it is 180 degrees opposite of down-range.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...ata=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x54266cc82d0b41dd

This is merely speculation, given the slim details provided so far.

-Thirtycal

Yep,

Same person...

It's the folks that built a house right at the end of the 300 yard rifle range.

You sure? Not sure how it could be that person because the article states the residence is on Rawson Rd, and the house you're talking about is on 257th:

"the woman was on her property, off Northeast Rawson Road"

I guess the author of the article could be still be accurate since 257th is technically off Rawson Road.

If it's that person (with whom the range has had a history of disputes), then certainly this is meaningful and I would hope a sensible reporter would actually include that rather important detail in their article.

It will be very interesting if this is true.

-Thirtycal

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Didn't that same couple complain about the "bullets" they found coming from the range and when the cops checked they found unfired rounds strewn around? Or is that just an urban legend?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

when we used to shoot qualification at Clark Rifles 6 or 7 years ago we were told then that the range could
not be accused of anymore bullets going over the backstops and they could be facing possible issues in the
future I think this problem with the neighbors has been going on for a long time and it seems that Washington is also becoming very much more liberal and anti gun friendly anymore I sure hope the best
for Clark Rifles.

I've been there a few times and it seems like every other outdoor range or shooting area. People move in around there and all of the sudden the range is a bother to them and they complain or call the cops saying bullets are whizzing by theor homes.

Same thing happened to my favorite shooting spot on BLM near Bend.

Or portland airport

You sure? Not sure how it could be that person because the article states the residence is on Rawson Rd, and the house you're talking about is on 257th:

"the woman was on her property, off Northeast Rawson Road"

I guess the author of the article could be still be accurate since 257th is technically off Rawson Road.

-Thirtycal

They interviewed her and some others on the news tonight. Talked about how bullets are "always" hitting her house. Gave her name. Yep, same person.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top