JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shaky or questionable adds on Flakeslist ?? No way. I run multiple adds on flakeslist for a business and get all kinds of inquires via e mail. Even though I have it in capital letters at the top of the description in the add "E MAIL INQUIRES WILL NOT BE ANSWERED".

What a fing pain in the azz. I have been using some local Facebook pages to sell some things and still run into jerk wads there even. Probably 30% of the adds on Flakeslist are scams and 40% are ran by morons. Oh and Flakeslist could care less about it when you report a scam.

It can often be a PITA. While back I sold an old bike Wife had lost interest in. Ad on both CL and FB. Lot's of questions, lost track of how many times someone was coming to see it and of course never showed. One guy who did show we had agreed on $600. He shows up, I start it so he can see and hear it run. He then tells me he only has $300 on him as he is counting it out. I just took the key and said so why did you waste our time here. Buyer finally did come and take it but damn it makes it a huge hassle some times. Few years ago Wife was wanting another Jeep. I told her not to but she kept looking at CL. One she went to meet the people at a parking lot. There was some woman passed out in the back seat. Not sure what they were planing on doing with her if Wife had bought the damn thing. Maybe tell her she comes with the car :)

So I found about a dozen more ads for the same welder spread out from one side of the country to the other. Some had a similar description, some had descriptions that were just flat out wrong, all the same photo, all odd prices around $1045 to $1076.

Some said it was a farm unit, some said something else.

An interesting peek into a scam.

It can often be a PITA. While back I sold an old bike Wife had lost interest in. Ad on both CL and FB. Lot's of questions, lost track of how many times someone was coming to see it and of course never showed. One guy who did show we had agreed on $600. He shows up, I start it so he can see and hear it run. He then tells me he only has $300 on him as he is counting it out. I just took the key and said so why did you waste our time here. Buyer finally did come and take it but damn it makes it a huge hassle some times. Few years ago Wife was wanting another Jeep. I told her not to but she kept looking at CL. One she went to meet the people at a parking lot. There was some woman passed out in the back seat. Not sure what they were planing on doing with her if Wife had bought the damn thing. Maybe tell her she comes with the car :)

I bought my current car from an ad on CL - but it was a dealership.

I didn't go that far to find out how she expected to be paid, but she mentioned eBay several times.

Interesting thread.....So do you think this gal would be willing to ship the unit to you. Allow you to you inspect it and check for it being stolen, and then have you send her $1500.00 as a thank you. Surely at that price she wouldn't mind allowing you the time to make sure everything's on the up-and-up?

We could take a NWFA field trip!! Get the address I'm in for a little adventure! :D
The response would be that the unit is at the shippers and not available for inspection.

Of course the unit does not exist but what shipping outfit would allow so.e widow to store a 500# pallet indefinitely waiting for someone to buy it and provide a destination??

None.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top