JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really don't see this as a big deal. Just not as many cheap guns on the used market is all.
Plus it will be good for the new market.
I just don't see it as something to get my panties(man panties that is) in a wad:confused:
:rolleyes:
o_O
:D

Here's this for an idea - have one of their big money anti-gun moron buddies buy all the guns, at market value, so the cash can be returned to the tax payers - then let that idiot melt down HIS own guns.

There, problem solved.
Wait, great idea, where's Michael Bloomberg??? He's got money he like to throw away on anti-gun politics. This would be right up his alley, and a photo op for him too... Just sayin'

I understand the old firearms are being replaced by new models that don't use projectiles . . .
Officers will be trained to use their most commanding voice and yell . . . "bang ". . . bang" while pulling the trigger.
A camera will replace the barrel and at the end of a confrontation the video will be scored to determine the number of hits the officer achieved on the bad guys. Hits on innocent bystanders will be deducted at a rate of some small fraction of a point each!

Sheldon

I understand the old firearms are being replaced by new models that don't use projectiles . . .
Officers will be trained to use their most commanding voice and yell . . . "bang ". . . bang" while pulling the trigger.
A camera will replace the barrel and at the end of a confrontation the video will be scored to determine the number of hits the officer achieved on the bad guys. Hits on innocent bystanders will be deducted at a rate of some small fraction of a point each!

Sheldon

Sheldon
This would be the move toward more gun free zones; which is starting to make more sense.

Seems to me that this would be a great lawsuit by a resident of Seattle; misuse of funds, destruction of public property, unnecessary disposal of public property. Someone up there start a go fund me for the lawsuit and I'll contribute. Would like to see Seattle take it in the shorts again.

Thinking about a scientific approach over lunch...

Let's consider this from a scientific perspective, since Science is the religion of many of these folks, anti-gunners included, we must learn to speak their language.

It has been long known that Aristotle first postulated plenism, more commonly known to us as "nature abhors a vacuum". Later, the great philosopher Etrainicus built upon the work of Aristotle to develop his ground-breaking and life altering theory of hoploplenism, or more commonly known as "nature abhors a vaccum of guns". In this undeniable and truly breathtaking theory (well, really a physical law of nature now), it has been conclusively demonstrated that for each gun an anti-gunner destroys via say, purchasing it and turning it over to the police for destruction (journalis stupidicus), gun buy-backs (anti hoplo moronicus) and city council members voting to melt down used guns (braindeadicus bungholio) a new, better and higher capacity gun will take its place.

While the typical application of this law would demonstrate a 1:1 correlation between the gun destroyed and the new gun, it has also been demonstrated, through the more theoretical quantum hoploplenism, that multiple guns may fill the void of only one destroyed gun, in effect, creating parallel universes where guns multiply at exponential rates as old guns are melted down by anti-gun politicians.

Unfortunately this discovery is unable to answer the failure of anything to fill the vacuum created in the head of anti-gun politicians. It appears that this vacuum of brain matter defies all known laws of the physical world and is actually able to remain a vacuum over long periods of time, even the full life cycle of the host. In some cases, the vacuum grows larger and larger, causing nearby bodies to be attracted to the intense pull of the primary anti-gun vacuum vessel, causing the nearby bodies to experience the same vacuum between the ears. In many cases, unfortunately, this creates a cascading failure of intelligence and common sense among the ever-growing anti-gun community. At this time, science is working hard to end this chain reaction of empty space, but so far, the idiocy is just too strong.

Nothing unusual here. This is all consistent with the overall philosophy that Americans have too many guns, and the number of guns need to be reduced. If one believes that, then reducing the number of guns in any way at all becomes desirable.

Government wants Americans to go on a gun reduction program. I'm confident that most people participating on this forum own far more guns than the government wants us to have.

Yeah-butt, doesn't Seattle have some kind of tax they put on ammo or guns or something? That was to go toward gun safety/education? Or something like that? They must already have that covered if they're willing to throw the guns away!

Actually Mike, the gun & ammo tax was ear marked to offset the hospitals & clinics that treat gunshot wounds.
Isn't that like making smokers pay for low income citizens health care.
It's bloody insane!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Last Edited:
Sounds like the Union is stepping in now! Prolly going to be a "Aint no body gonna melt no guns unless the union say so, and it gotta be done by the union, or it ain't gonna happen" Why not send the guns south under the fast and furious plan, that worked out great the last time! Gotta help the good folks down south with imports back to the U.S. so that they can control the drugs better with there new guns, and the extras can be used to supply ISIS that use the southern border to come north!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top