JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's about dumb as dumb gets. Lets melt down tax payers money. Thats fine you know what that means more money for gun manufacturers to manufacture new guns . So go ahead dumb dumbs and melt those guns down for every gun melted 2 new ones are made one to replace the one melted and one more that could have been purchased used that will be purchased new the more money going back to manufactures the more money to fight dumb ideas like this.

I think for every gun melted someone should go buy a new gun. Be sure to let those morons know you thank them for supporting gun manufacturers.

So they have no figures to justify their decision, just an hysterical "guns are a huge problem for every city". And the entire city council voted for this. They really never do stop looking for ways to punish gun owners.

WOW!
How about selling the firearms and using the proceeds to help with injured / wounded officers or K9's?
Maybe sell the firearms and donate the profits to the Widow's fund?
Sell the firearms and use the proceeds to upgrade equipment or send officers to a advanced training course?

Just three random ideas before the coffee kicks in.
Andy

Did anyone notice that when the council took its vote there was NO ONE else in the council chambers? Choo-choo!

railroading.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!
How about selling the firearms and using the proceeds to help with injured / wounded officers or K9's?
Maybe sell the firearms and donate the profits to the Widow's fund?
Sell the firearms and use the proceeds to upgrade equipment or send officers to a advanced training course?

Just three random ideas before the coffee kicks in.
Andy

Yeah-butt, doesn't Seattle have some kind of tax they put on ammo or guns or something? That was to go toward gun safety/education? Or something like that? They must already have that covered if they're willing to throw the guns away!

More 'empty gestures' at the expense of the taxpayers. This will have exactly ZERO IMPACT on violence or deaths cause by guns - ZERO IMPACT. It's all a bunch of feel good bullsh!t meant to posture in front of a brain dead mass of voters. Voters that obviously don't give a flying fart that blowhards like these are flushing their tax dollars down the damn toilet.

Honestly, what the hell is going on in this country? It seems any sense has been lost to the ages. I'm starting to wonder if I'm still in the United States of America. Wasn't all that long ago that B.S. like this would never have been tolerated. I'm really disappointed in my fellow Americans right now :(

I'm surprised by the questions asked by the Kiro 7 team doing this article; they seem to be really against this idea and asked very logical questions (my favorite being: KIRO 7 asked Murray for examples of any cases in which police guns got into the wrong hands) which naturally went unanswered.

Here's this for an idea - have one of their big money anti-gun moron buddies buy all the guns, at market value, so the cash can be returned to the tax payers - then let that idiot melt down HIS own guns.

There, problem solved.

Honestly, what the hell is going on in this country? It seems any sense has been lost to the ages. I'm starting to wonder if I'm still in the United States of America. Wasn't all that long ago that B.S. like this would never have been tolerated.

Actually etrain, this is a long-standing American tradition. Mencken mentions it here:

"Here (in America) the daily panorama of human existence, of private and communal folly, the unending procession of governmental extortions and chicaneries, of commercial brigandages and throat slittings, of theological buffoneeries, of aesthetic ribaldries, of legal swindles and harlotries, of miscellaneous rogueries, villainies, imbecilities, grotesqueries, and extravagances is so inordinately gross and preposterous, so perfectly brought up to the highest conceivable amperage, so steadily enriched with an almost fabulous daring and originality, that only a person born with a petrified diaphragm can fail to laugh himself to sleep every night and wake up with all the eager, unflagging expectation of a Sunday-School superintendent touring the Paris peep-shows."

:)

I hear ya Mike ... Just hate to see the guns get destroyed.
I just was thinking of ways to fund some needed projects.
Never thought the city government of Seattle made sense ... LOL
Andy

I hate to see them destroyed too, so here's another idea:

Suggest to the city council that they donate the guns to at-risk women who have been stalked and have restraining orders so they can defend themselves. Then watch as the city council says they won't do that because it's too dangerous. Then ask them why they don't care about the lives of the poor battered women? (you know, use their tactics against them).

Then, when that idea gets shot down, suggest they get donated to low-income inner-city people of color that can't afford guns for defense, and watch them shoot that down too.

Next group is the LGBT community that has most recently come under attack - time to give them a way to fight back - which they will block too.

Just keep this up with every 'protected class' they claim to love and support and get them on record for wanting to keep the right to self defense out of their hands.

As a tax payer, I would support donating the guns to those that can't afford to buy them for themselves - the guns stay intact and we've done some ACTUAL good in protecting people that really need it.

Actually etrain, this is a long-standing American tradition. Mencken mentions it here:

"Here (in America) the daily panorama of human existence, of private and communal folly, the unending procession of governmental extortions and chicaneries, of commercial brigandages and throat slittings, of theological buffoneeries, of aesthetic ribaldries, of legal swindles and harlotries, of miscellaneous rogueries, villainies, imbecilities, grotesqueries, and extravagances is so inordinately gross and preposterous, so perfectly brought up to the highest conceivable amperage, so steadily enriched with an almost fabulous daring and originality, that only a person born with a petrified diaphragm can fail to laugh himself to sleep every night and wake up with all the eager, unflagging expectation of a Sunday-School superintendent touring the Paris peep-shows."

:)

Yeah, it's just getting to me more so than in the past. We seem to have jumped on to some kind of logarithmic progression toward worse and worse decisions and the graph is just jumping faster than we can deal with it.

One officer said that in 12 years he'd never seen one instance of a "police gun" being used in a crime.

The surplus guns were sold to FFL's who presumably BGC every purchaser, and because it's WA, a permanent record of the sale stays in Olympia. But that's not good enough?

Mealy-mouthed mayor Murray had squat for facts, and his grandstanding city council knee-jerk reactionaries play the fools. They are "doing SOMETHING" even though it will make virtually no difference and cost the city multiple thousands which could be spent, oh, I dunno, on giving the police a raise?

For some reason this one really ticks me off.

I remember when they increased sales tax twice to pay for two new stadiums when the king dome was still usable (and they used money earmarked for tuberculosis treatment for the king dome) Good to see they same great decision makers are running the place.

Though I could get behind destroying all of the existing Seattle police guns since they have a great reputation of killing innocent people.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top