JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.kptv.com/story/30516322/...fter-another-portland-shooting?autostart=true

"Violence is Portland just happened to be the topic of the City Club of Portland's Friday Forum. It was moderated by Antoinette Edwards, Director of Portland's Youth Violence Prevention Program.

Gun violence hit close to home for Edwards in May when her teenage grandson, Turon Walker, was arrested for a shooting at Last Thursday that injured three people. Walker is awaiting trial and Edwards wants people to know that no one is immune."

Well, Grandma, how nice of you to be concerned about gun violence in Portland. Perhaps instead of flapping your wings after the fact, you could maybe not raise little gang banger thug that shoots three people after someone "eyed" him at a street fair?

How comically ironic all of this is.

Last Edited:
http://www.kptv.com/story/30516322/...fter-another-portland-shooting?autostart=true

"Violence is Portland just happened to be the topic of the City Club of Portland's Friday Forum. It was moderated by Antoinette Edwards, Director of Portland's Youth Violence Prevention Program.

Gun violence hit close to home for Edwards in May when her teenage grandson, Turon Walker, was arrested for a shooting at Last Thursday that injured three people. Walker is awaiting trial and Edwards wants people to know that no one is immune."

Well, Grandma, how nice of you to be concerned about gun violence in Portland. Perhaps instead of flapping your wings after the fact, you could maybe not raise little gang banger thug that shoots three people after someone "eyed" him at a street fair?

How comically ironic all of this is.

Seems talking is about all they can do. I think they know, at least in part, how they can stop it, but...here's the BIG one, they're unwilling to stop it. One of the biggest things the communities where most of this violence is happening can do to stop it is to work with the police and turn the ba$tards in that are doing this crap. Good grief - how many times do we have to hear that there was a gang shooting, usually with several to dozens of witnesses, and suddenly when it comes time to investigate, no one saw anything?

These people are not only breeding a gang culture, but protecting it. I won't listen to them until they make a real effort to speak up and get these thugs off the street. Until then, they get no compassion from me. Protect killers, and you you'll pay the price. That is where a big part of the solution lies.

Seems talking is about all they can do. I think they know, at least in part, how they can stop it, but...here's the BIG one, they're unwilling to stop it. One of the biggest things the communities where most of this violence is happening can do to stop it is to work with the police and turn the ba$tards in that are doing this crap. Good grief - how many times do we have to hear that there was a gang shooting, usually with several to dozens of witnesses, and suddenly when it comes time to investigate, no one saw anything?

These people are not only breeding a gang culture, but protecting it. I won't listen to them until they make a real effort to speak up and get these thugs off the street. Until then, they get no compassion from me. Protect killers, and you you'll pay the price. That is where a big part of the solution lies.

You know we agree on many many things but I have to toss out that while I agree in theory with what your saying, I think the reality is closer to when you snitch on someone and your whole family and friends are retaliated against it sends a strong message about talking to cops. Cops are also generally not poor people's friends.

Maybe if the communities were spread out over more states like a lot of us are it would be different then growing up in a small area of town that is concentrated and unprotected most of the time.

You know we agree on many many things but I have to toss out that while I agree in theory with what your saying, I think the reality is closer to when you snitch on someone and your whole family and friends are retaliated against it sends a strong message about talking to cops. Cops are also generally not poor people's friends.

Maybe if the communities were spread out over more states like a lot of us are it would be different then growing up in a small area of town that is concentrated and unprotected most of the time.

I don't doubt that retaliation is part of the reason they don't speak out. But I think that's too simple an excuse. People can make anonymous reports to the police. There are ways they can help without exposing themselves as a target.

Yes, I do agree with you that fear is holding some of them back. But I think some are doing it not out of fear, but because they either disrespect the police and don't want to help them (something they have freely admitted to) or simply believe they have a duty to not 'snitch'.

I really do believe that any change will have to come from within their community first. They seem to like pointing the finger at everyone else. I would be more open to listening if they didn't spend so much energy on protecting criminals in their own community.

That's got to be the most screwed up piece of writing I've seen on a news site. Was he arrested in May for a shooting last Thursday?

And is Antoinette Edwards really the best choice to be director of Portland's Youth Violence Prevention Program?
Given her direct connection and influence on a known gang-banger?

Take all these Gang Clowns :s0136:off the street so Anti - Gun idiot's can shut up. Next , instead of housing and feeding them for free on our dime, put their A$$ to work breaking rocks :s0143:on a Chain Gang. You know how much $$$ that would save Oregon by not having the ODOT Mafia raping us Taxpayers. There are plenty of these Gang Banger Clowns in Jail and I want to see how ''tough'' they are swingin a pick and shovel all day long in hot or cold weather. They won't be shooting:s0010: anyone after years of back breaking labor I can guarantee that. Leave Law Abiding Citizens alone and leave our Guns out of it !!!:s0075:

That's got to be the most screwed up piece of writing I've seen on a news site. Was he arrested in May for a shooting last Thursday?

And is Antoinette Edwards really the best choice to be director of Portland's Youth Violence Prevention Program?
Given her direct connection and influence on a known gang-banger?
Haha it took me a minute to figure that out as well man. It seems "last Thursday" is the name of a street fair/event in Portland where it happened.

Ya know! Portland has Crime Stoppers, an anonymous way to turn a banger in! You even get a prize, anonymously! No, this is the ghetto equivalent of "Not In My Backyard!" (NIMBY) It's, "Not In My Extended Family!" (NIMEF)

Maybe those Rtards should roll up their sleeves and adress the damn gang problem portland and Gresham have. How about we start there first anti gunners.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top