JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

.41 Magnum Versus 10㎜ Auto

• Make mine a .41 Magnum.

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Prefer the 10㎜ Auto.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
"show me a short colt and i will be a believer in LONG COLT! or 45lc."

Well, there is this.
"Friends, I want you to put your hand on the Bible. I want you to put your hands on your radio. I want you to put your hand in a light socket and FEEL the Dee-Vine Spirit of the Lord fillin' your entire body!"

Open your hearts and welcome another believer to the fold. :cool:

Talking about revolvers here: Which of the middle "magnums" (of sorts) is your choice?

• The venerable .41 Magnum. Introduced in 1964. Impressive ballistics and fine revolvers chambered for said. For shorter fair, there is the .41 Special.
  • The 10㎜ Auto was introduced in 1983 and selected into FBI service in 1989. Ballistics are nothing to sneeze at. Some revolvers are chambered for this automatic cartridge and are, generally, fed by moon-clips. For shorties, .40 S&W can can be employed in wheelguns.

So, which would you prefer in a full sized revolver? Why? Enjoy!
I like the .41 mag, no dobut about that. HOWEVER the lack of suitable revolvers in this caliber puts kibosh on it for me, so the .357 or .44 mag do the trick.
The 10mm isn't the cat's meow, but it works in the Glock and Witness, powerful self-defense at home and in the hills... Since I handload I can tailor my loads for prospective use. For a caliber that nearly went extinct a few years back, it's doing very well these days.

got you all cussin and discussin. isn't that what we do here?
Quite so.

HOWEVER the lack of suitable revolvers in this caliber puts kibosh on it for me, so the .357 or .44 mag do the trick.
More or less there. The .41 Magnum is a magnificent cartridge. However, by the time I took a serious look at it, I was already heavily invested in the .44 Magnum in various formats (e.g., revolvers, carbines, and even an automatic at one point). The Forty-four is, easily, my favorite cartridge and has been for some time; but that is not to detract from the .41. :s0155: