JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Choose between the two

• Total voters
I chose the Ec9, mostly based on that .380 is such a pita to reload. Small cases, and very sensitive to that tenth of a grain measuring limit on most scales. 9MM at least tends to have very good penetration. To those of you who chose bacon, I wish you luck in trying to buy off your attacker with food! ( Or maybe you can get them to eat enough that their arteries harden enough to freeze them in place? ) :p

I have owned *essentially* both guns: the Colt .380 government model, and the Ruger LC9S. I now carry the latter, and I sold off the former. I actually liked the .380 a lot, especially the thinness which helps for IWB carry. The one thing that annoyed me about it was that multiple times I would pull it from my holster and the magazine would drop. Of course I could have shaved the mag release so it didn't stick out so far, but for some reason I got disgusted and sold it.

I wish the Ruger had an extra half-inch of barrel, or polygonal rifling. I like a little more velocity to ensure bullet expansion. But hey, no gun is perfect. The Ruger has an excellent trigger and does a great job of putting rounds on the target. And it's 9mm, which helps. It ain't pretty, though.

If you want a gun you like, get the .380. If you want a gun that works, get the Ruger.
I have four .380's for C/C. My LCP II with a Lasetmax Gripsense is in my humble opinion the best of the bunch. You pull trigger<> It goes BANG ... EVERY SINGLE TIME for 2 1/2 years and NEVER a misfire or failure to eject. Gotta LOVE that. ( G42, 911, P-238 are the others. OH and almost forgot my tineeee weenie Seecamp .380)

Last Edited:
The choices again were between?

themantuary-bacon-bra.jpg
No..... it's not Lady Gaga's meat dress.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads