JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The days of buying and selling used guns are long over. The days of trying to get even a modest amount of your investment back are now gone too.
I wouldn't say this is true. I've sold off nearly 4k of gun stuff in the last few weeks.

I bought a rifle in Lyle, WA a couple of years ago. That's an hour and a half one way. My BGC came back delayed and I made the trip again the next Thursday. It was still worth it.

I wouldn't say this is true. I've sold off nearly 4k of gun stuff in the last few weeks.
yeah I might be a bit over the top there my comment was half a political jab at the laws that are continually devaluing our guns.

Not necessarily true. But when used guns are priced at retail MSRP then yes.

It's a hard pill to swallow that you will loose at least a quarter of what you paid.
I sold two guns recently and I have no idea what I paid for them. I just picked a price I could live with and they sold. When I'm done with a gun I'm done and I'd rather just sell it and move on, even if only getting half what I paid for it. A whole lot better than getting zero for a dust collector

Most of my guns were bought long ago so they are past the de-value stage and I wouldn't want to sell them for what I paid. Case in point, I paid $169.00 for my first Ruger Blackhawk, now I see the MSRP is $849.00 for the same model.

wouldn't the same problem have come up regardless of where the transaction was taking place?
Yeah - not sure that being outside your resident county is an issue, or why it would be; the BGC goes thru the OSP, not your county sheriff. I've bought guns in other counties and several in WA state, and I have not detected a pattern in delays due to to my residence, only due to the size of the queue on a given day (IIRC, I've only been delayed slightly once - for about 3-4 hours).

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews