JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a reminder/ warning for members considering doing trades, I would take careful consideration to location distances your willing to travel to complete transactions. I just yesterday met a fellow member 53 miles from my residence county and met him in his city as I was traveling through that county anyways. Problem arose after the BGC were submitted and his cleared and mine went into the Que. now I have to wait a minimum of a week and then travel 53 miles again to complete my end of the transaction while he went home with my firearm the same day.

This situation has prevented me from jumping on a buy any distance away.

Maybe have the FFL ship to a local FFL? Probably save money considering time and gas prices.

Luckily I have never been put in the queue. Gas and my time are expensive.

This situation has prevented me from jumping on a buy any distance away.

Maybe have the FFL ship to a local FFL? Probably save money considering time and gas prices.
I considered that but the cost to ship a firearm a mere 53 miles would outweigh the fuel cost to drive that distance. I will clearly not be doing out of county transactions again .

I go back and forth on this. Living on the coast, it's a tough sell to get anyone to drive my way. If I have to do a double round trip to Vancouver ,it's 10 hours total and a tank of fuel. Lol , Bremerton was probably my worst habit. But at least the area was nice. I haven't been dumb enough ( yet) to get a delay in Spokane.

Years ago I drove all the way up to the Seattle area to purchase a rifle from a member. I drove through a huge rainstorm and crappy traffic to get up there. The first place we went for the transfer told us the person in charge of doing the transfers wasn't working. 😳

The second place we went told us the transfers process was taking a long time because of some technical issues. I ended up driving all the way back without the rifle and bagging it. After the hassle of driving up there and back ruined it. I didn't feel like paying for shipping on top. I decided I would never do that again.

With the new nonsense of 114 it reinforces my decision. I have never had an instant approval ever. Even after a career in law enforcement and multiple Class III items over the years it never happened.

I go back and forth on this. Living on the coast, it's a tough sell to get anyone to drive my way. If I have to do a double round trip to Vancouver ,it's 10 hours total and a tank of fuel. Lol , Bremerton was probably my worst habit. But at least the area was nice. I haven't been dumb enough ( yet) to get a delay in Spokane.
Take the cost of the gas plus your personal time and subtract that from what you want to sell your gun for, then it will probably sell locally for you.

That probably doesnt help... but its a reality in todays anti gun world

Take the cost of the gas plus your personal time and subtract that from what you want to sell your gun for, then it will probably sell locally for you.

That probably doesnt help... but its a reality in todays anti gun world
Probably why nothing moves in the classifieds hahaha.

The days of buying and selling used guns are long over. The days of trying to get even a modest amount of your investment back are now gone too.
Not necessarily true. But when used guns are priced at retail MSRP then yes.

It's a hard pill to swallow that you will loose at least a quarter of what you paid.

It wasn't an issue when instant background checks were actually instant. Once upon a time I drove from Oregon City down to North Bend (by Coos Bay) to do a transfer on a rifle I wanted, there is no way in hell I'd do that today. I don't even want to go West Linn for I gun I want right now. Can't wait to get out of this libtard state so I can start buying guns again.

It's a hard pill to swallow that you will loose at least a quarter of what you paid.
anyone that buys a used gun at full retail its on them.

I wouldnt pay more than 60% for a used gun, including the BGC fee. Others might but if im within 100-150 bucks might as well buy new.

To me losing a quarter of the value is a given and should already be anticipated regardless if it's like new or unfired. Like driving a car off the lot and losing value immediately.

Loosing half the value is where it's hard to swallow and that's when I'd rather just keep it.

anyone that buys a used gun at full retail its on them.

I wouldnt pay more than 60% for a used gun, including the BGC fee. Others might but if im within 100-150 bucks might as well buy new.
100% agree.

Maybe if you're selling an AR or other common/over saturated firearm. I don't sell to make money, I sell to fund other ventures but I can confidently say most of my collection is worth more than I paid. That being said, those are milsurp weapons and not everybody is into that game.

Maybe if you're selling an AR or other common/over saturated firearm. I don't sell to make money, I sell to fund other ventures but I can confidently say most of my collection is worth more than I paid. That being said, those are milsurp weapons and not everybody is into that game.
Cool….

I'm not talking about rare/milsurp/antique firearms. I'm talking about the guns you see in every LGS or online.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top