JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have experience or opinions on this stock?

I saw a Choate Ultimate Sniper stock and thought it would make a good replacement stock for my Savage 12FV in .22-250. The original synthetic stock was kind of wimpy to say the least. Now that I've used it for a couple months, I don't think it is the best stock for me. It is easily adjustable and everything, but it just isn't fitting my needs.

I use my rifle 90% paper punching and 10% sage rat/coyote medicine. Maybe a laminated stock in more of a benchrest configuration would suit my use better.

I may be posting this stock in the classified section soon.

Check on SniperCentral or the SnipersHide,they did a write up pointing out the pros and cons of using that stock some time back.
I looked at one that Allison and Carey had for sale,decided i didn't like the fit,and the weak front accessorie rail.
RK

I have the Choate SS on my Savage in .204 and I love it. I've had it for about 2 years now and it has served very well. It has only been a bench gun thus far, but look forward to going and wreaking havoc on some sage rats or prairie dogs one of these days. The only complaint that I have had from some people that have host my gun is that the grip is a little large for small handed shooters. I have large hands so it is no problem for me. But its a very nice comfortable stock. I will post some pics of my gun later for you to see. I painted it about a year ago, I was board of the stock Green look, so opted to go all black. I think i'm going to go to a desert tan next! For the money I do not think you can go wrong.

The only complaint that I have had from some people that have host my gun is that the grip is a little large for small handed shooters. I have large hands so it is no problem for me. But its a very nice comfortable stock. I will post some pics of my gun later for you to see. I painted it about a year ago, I was board of the stock Green look, so opted to go all black. I think i'm going to go to a desert tan next! For the money I do not think you can go wrong.

My hands are not small, but I feel the grip is a little large for my personal taste. It is also a little on the heavy side. These things I could have seen myself if I had ever seen one in person before I purchased it. Online retailers can have great prices, but you don't get to handle the merchandise before buying. :(

Maybe my tastes have changed, I'm not sure.

I have the Choate Ultimate Sniper stock on my .243 and love it, it's a little heavy and when combined with my varmit contour bbl the gun weighs in at around 15lbs. Great for bench shooting but not alot of fun to pack a long ways. Planning on getting another one for my next build, a .338 Lapua

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top