JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have experience or opinions on this stock?

I saw a Choate Ultimate Sniper stock and thought it would make a good replacement stock for my Savage 12FV in .22-250. The original synthetic stock was kind of wimpy to say the least. Now that I've used it for a couple months, I don't think it is the best stock for me. It is easily adjustable and everything, but it just isn't fitting my needs.

I use my rifle 90% paper punching and 10% sage rat/coyote medicine. Maybe a laminated stock in more of a benchrest configuration would suit my use better.

I may be posting this stock in the classified section soon.

Check on SniperCentral or the SnipersHide,they did a write up pointing out the pros and cons of using that stock some time back.
I looked at one that Allison and Carey had for sale,decided i didn't like the fit,and the weak front accessorie rail.
RK

I have the Choate SS on my Savage in .204 and I love it. I've had it for about 2 years now and it has served very well. It has only been a bench gun thus far, but look forward to going and wreaking havoc on some sage rats or prairie dogs one of these days. The only complaint that I have had from some people that have host my gun is that the grip is a little large for small handed shooters. I have large hands so it is no problem for me. But its a very nice comfortable stock. I will post some pics of my gun later for you to see. I painted it about a year ago, I was board of the stock Green look, so opted to go all black. I think i'm going to go to a desert tan next! For the money I do not think you can go wrong.

The only complaint that I have had from some people that have host my gun is that the grip is a little large for small handed shooters. I have large hands so it is no problem for me. But its a very nice comfortable stock. I will post some pics of my gun later for you to see. I painted it about a year ago, I was board of the stock Green look, so opted to go all black. I think i'm going to go to a desert tan next! For the money I do not think you can go wrong.

My hands are not small, but I feel the grip is a little large for my personal taste. It is also a little on the heavy side. These things I could have seen myself if I had ever seen one in person before I purchased it. Online retailers can have great prices, but you don't get to handle the merchandise before buying. :(

Maybe my tastes have changed, I'm not sure.

I have the Choate Ultimate Sniper stock on my .243 and love it, it's a little heavy and when combined with my varmit contour bbl the gun weighs in at around 15lbs. Great for bench shooting but not alot of fun to pack a long ways. Planning on getting another one for my next build, a .338 Lapua

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top