JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So if I live in Linn County does that mean business as usual? I thought it was a State Police approval.
The background check is still state, but the sheriff is the one giving out the permits same as CPL's.

N 4. (1)(a) A person may apply for a permit-to-purchase a firearm or firearms under this section to the police chief or county sheriff with jurisdiction over the residence of the person making the application, or their designees, hereinafter referred to as "permit agent".

The thing that really sucks is nothing is figured out and written in stone as of yet. This was pretty much like the marijuana legalizing, lets just pass it and figure it out later. Of course while they're figuring it out and getting all the ducks in a row we are all being kept from exercising our second amendment right.

The background check is still state, but the sheriff is the one giving out the permits same as CPL's.

N 4. (1)(a) A person may apply for a permit-to-purchase a firearm or firearms under this section to the police chief or county sheriff with jurisdiction over the residence of the person making the application, or their designees, hereinafter referred to as "permit agent".

The thing that really sucks is nothing is figured out and written in stone as of yet. This was pretty much like the marijuana legalizing, lets just pass it and figure it out later. Of course while they're figuring it out and getting all the ducks in a row we are all being kept from exercising our second amendment right.
Which begs the question.
Why hasn't there been any legal action taken yet?
The courts made states like Clownifornia and Michigan open churches, gun shops, ect due to our 1st and 2nd A rights being tromped during the bat sniffles outbreak. If NO ONE can purchase any firearms on Dec 9th unless the "system" is in place how is that not completely against prior rulings.

ALL of this is getting railraoded through before there can be precedent on Saint Benitezs' decision coming up on Duncan v Bonta and such, this I do know.
Anybody know if SAF, OFF, GOA, FPC has anything in the pipe for this?

Which begs the question.
Why hasn't there been any legal action taken yet?
The courts made states like Clownifornia and Michigan open churches, gun shops, ect due to our 1st and 2nd A rights being tromped during the bat sniffles outbreak. If NO ONE can purchase any firearms on Dec 9th unless the "system" is in place how is that not completely against prior rulings.

ALL of this is getting railraoded through before there can be precedent on Saint Benitezs' decision coming up on Duncan v Bonta and such, this I do know.
Anybody know if SAF, OFF, GOA, FPC has anything in the pipe for this?
They're working on it for future date, but I do not believe it is official that it has passed yet. I believe there has been people working on fighting it long before it even made the ballot.

Edit: there is this......... https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/measure-114-litigation.431016/post-3420073

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top