JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a multi year CHL holder I received certified live fire instruction from the Public Safety Training Center at the Sheriffs office in Clackamas County of which I should have certificates. Along with an expired instructors cert from the NRA i would think demonstrates training experience.

Any wild arse guess if this Is this entitled to count toward the instructional M114 permit requirements?

Demanding everyone to spend hundreds of dollars and time just for this permit clearly is an undue burden/barrier to the rights.

As a multi year CHL holder I received certified live fire instruction from the Public Safety Training Center at the Sheriffs office in Clackamas County of which I should have certificates. Along with an expired instructors cert from the NRA i would think demonstrates training experience.

Any wild arse guess if this Is this entitled to count toward the instructional M114 permit requirements?

Demanding everyone to spend hundreds of dollars and time just for this permit clearly is an undue burden/barrier to the rights.
I've had an Oregon CHL since 1990, and my Army 201 file is near 4"-6" thick with weapons training and live-fire qualifications records spanning 8yrs of service…. it don't count for spit towards what these jack-wads wrote and got passed.

You want a guess? The above facts will count for nothing under this unconstitutional travesty. It's all "from scratch" and THEY have to do the observing and certifying.

Just like my expired passport – can't use it for ID for anything (my experience anyway), despite the fact that it surely demonstrates I'm an American citizen. The passport "expired" but my citizenship does not, yet ....

Let's not wait in line to get the training - everybody should demand on Dec 8th on the spot. If it can't be had it's a clear infringement of 2A and should go to the supreme court.

It is up to the Sherriff as I saw stated in the bill

That's what I saw as well. Glad I'm not in Multnomah County.
And the best part is the statement "at that time" as to what a CHL permit requirement course included. I dont think many sheriffs will care as long as you took a course and showed the proof at the time you applied for the CHL no matter how long it has been including military cert's.

How about a class action lawsuit related to unlawful taking of our god given liberties and the use/enjoyment of our legally purchased/owned personal property?

Let the state defend this legislation....and pay if they lose.

Same goes for every individual who wrote this monstrosity.
Any portion of this bill that was ruled unconstitutional in other federal jurisdictions but still promoted by individuals and legislators in this state should carry some liability.

I assume legislators have some sort of immunity from personal litigation if they are acting in their legislative capacity. But what happens if the legislation they put forward has already been slapped down by courts in other jurisdictions. That would seem to constitute a civil rights violation and/or some sort of unlawful activity. Wouldn't unlawful activities strip these legislators of any immunity they may have. Criminal activity and intentional civil rights violations should crack that immunity from prosecution. Maybe these people have to be made to pay with everything they own.

I would love to initiate/join a class action lawsuit against the state for implementing this and every single member of the state government who promoted this.

These people are going to keep coming until they learn there is a credible risk associated with their activities. Let it end here. Take them down legally. Take them down for money damages. Make it hurt.

Last Edited:
So if I live in Linn County does that mean business as usual? I thought it was a State Police approval.
I gather it means that LCSD will not do anything special to enforce the mag ban; one still might do something they cannot ignore, like import a truckload of large-capacity magazines and sell them in the BiMart parking lot.

OSP seems more connected to the Permit-to-purchase.

So if I live in Linn County does that mean business as usual? I thought it was a State Police approval.
Doesn't prevent you from needing a permit. It just means the the Sheriff may have latitude to accept your CPL as training. You still pay the fees, get the permit and your gun goes into a registry.

Does anyone even know what Dec 8 will even look like? From what I can tell nobody will be able to purchase a gun until further notice considering they have to come up with a system and start everyone from scratch and then try to get every single gun owner "registered" and "trained"

Does anyone even know what Dec 8 will even look like? From what I can tell nobody will be able to purchase a gun until further notice considering they have to come up with a system and start everyone from scratch and then try to get every single gun owner "registered" and "trained"
Know? Not yet.

And it isn't gun owners to be registered, but gun buyers. At least, with the changes created by 114.

Kinda like Pearl Harbor on December 8th. Mass confusion and destruction as our enemy gloats.

question should be, how many can not wait to buy a new gun? I for one am not going to pay their poll tax, let that income they get from BGC dry up for a few years while this all goes though the courts. will feel bad for the gun shops though . :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top