JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am just getting my CHL Permit for Oregon and I know the laws for our state but I am wondering about going over to Vancouver for my job and carrying over there. What do I need to do to be able to carry over there too or whom should I contact over there about it does any one know?

I am just getting my CHL Permit for Oregon and I know the laws for our state but I am wondering about going over to Vancouver for my job and carrying over there. What do I need to do to be able to carry over there too or whom should I contact over there about it does any one know?
Not much to it.
No class required at the moment (subject to change)
Here's all you need to start the process...
Firearms
Make a copy of the app and fill it out, then bring it in, get fingerprinted. pay the fee and then wait by the mailbox.

So I still have to do the fingerprints and background check even though I'm already permitted in another state? I get doing the application and paying another fee but shouldn't they just be able to get the other information from the neighboring state?

As far as finger printing goes having to do it again in a different state does not surprise me. Heck, when I was in the Corps I was printed upon entry, then again prior to an overseas deployment and again every time my security clearance was upgraded or renewed. You would think they could keep track of my cards!

I've also been printed by the State of Utah four times (CHL, EMT, process server and security bond) by TSA for TSA-Pre, by the SEC for a brokerage license, by Washington three times (CHL, security bond, insurance license) by Idaho twice (CHL and brokerage license) by Boise PD (was a reserve cop) and by Nevada since I worked there under my EMT certificate. There are a couple of other times bur for the life of me I can't remember the details.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top