Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CHL in a day

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Screwy, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Screwy

Screwy Suburban Clackamas County Active Member

After completing an awesome full day course at PSTC last weekend, I started to browse the CHL application on line for Clackamas County. I filled it out almost completely but the site would not schedule an appointment. I called and left a message. They called back and said they had my app! I went in that day. They took my prints and gave me the permit on the spot! 30 minutes total. Now I want more training.

Screwy

gryghin and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Just curious how long you had to wait for the class after sign-up? I would imagine at this time they are a year out. The wife took the all day class a year and a half or so ago and at that time there was a three month wait.

3. Screwy

Waited 2 wks for a 101 Basic class that was last Saturday. Licenced Wednesday. The 100 concealed lecture is out now till March. I qualify for 101a now and there is a spot left in 2 wks.

4. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Amazing! I guess all those thousands of fire arm purchasers, and new CCL holders aren't too interested in actually learning safety and proper handling of fire arms are they?

Good for you on the class, it made a huge difference in Wifey's gun handling.

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have no idea how the OP's managed to do what he did. But in Marion County the Sherrifs office is booked into May and our Gun Clubs basic and advanced classes are booked for months.

6. dorian7

dorian7 Oregon Member

I took my class at threat dynamics on jan 14 submitted my application to yamhill county, which was a walk in (first come first served) basis, on jan 16 and had my permit in hand on jan 24th.

7. Screwy

Signed up for 101A Advanced Basic at PSTC for the 24th. This will be all day and 400 rounds. Oorah.

8. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

take knee pads and lots of water

9. estate10mm

estate10mm Hillsboro Member

Awesome to hear! I waited about a month

10. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice work on the classes! I wish more would follow your example. Congratulations!

11. Screwy

Thanks. Dedicated not to "wing it". Plan to seriously invest in training from experts and excel to my full capabilities or limitations. The life I save may be yours.

gryghin and (deleted member) like this.
  12. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Maybe the reason you got in so fast is because everybody in Clack County already has a CHL. You were one of the last holdouts.

x503Codyx and (deleted member) like this.