JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

CHL Holders Deputized After SHTF?

• Great idea!

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Not sure. Maybe.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • No, terrible idea.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • (gasp!) Guns are scary and bad. The grossly incompetent government will save you during a disaster.

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • (Burp!)

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters
How the hell are you going to deputize anyone when you no longer have the power or authority to do so? When SHTF, society, civilization will cease. Law & order will no longer exist. Those who wore badges will have no more power than those with the most guns and manpower. Having a badge, let alone a CHL will be meaningless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes of course, I will make all of the swine bow before me and my greatness of being a chl holder. Resistance is futile!!! All dissenters shall be sent to the fema kamps!!

How the hell are you going to deputize anyone when you no longer have the power or authority to do so? When SHTF, society, civilization will cease. Law & order will no longer exist. Those who wore badges will have no more power than those with the most guns and manpower. Having a badge, let alone a CHL will be meaningless.

I would wager that SHTF would not occur in an instant. That more likely it would be gradual, be it days to months...

Deputize all CHL holders, hell NO. I could see LE deputizing existing certified armed security first. They already hold certs from the state, and already have some training/experience thats relevent to LEO duties.
Is that perfect, no. Are all armed security providers cut out to be LEO, absolutely not. But they are all trained to a set minimum standard. Most of the larger security companies already interact with LE quite a bit, and have numerous prior LEO/MIL employees within the ranks.

I'd say look at what happened after Katrina, but that was a pretty screwed up situation. If anything that's what one needs to protect against.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top