JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just saying if going Ruger the American line is better off than the RPR.

Though I doubt I'd own anything other than the Hawkeye and Mausers. Just not into precision bolt actions myself.

I would build up a ruger in a heartbeat,very decent actions. A #1 or a #3 would be ideal, but 77 would be cool. The only reason you may see savage or remington is they are plentiful and cheap. Upon examination and consideration you will find that the round receiver guns with a separate recoil lug are a manufacturing compromise. A beancounter gun cheap to manufacture, maximizing profits. Whereas a model with a flat bottom and integral recoil lug will be stronger, present more surface area to bed into the stock and with only one surface between the barrel and receiver, allow for more accurate control of headspace tolerances.

Any mauser, model 70, or 77 would build into a better gun than a Remington, savage, or mossberg.
Of course I may be splitting hairs here accuracy wise, but for consistency and longevity I know I am correct.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top