JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just called the Gun Zone, and the owner said it was $35 for the transfer and another $10 for the background check for a total of $45. I got excited when you said they were only $10. Bummer

WHAT? I just purchased a RRA Operator from them last month and I paid the cost of the rifle plus $10 background fee! Out of curiosity, who did you speak with?

Well, that's true as well. However, if I want to order 5 AR lowers for a bubblegumin 60 bucks a piece. Its brings the total from 300 to 525. No bubblegum deserves that kind of tip!

So there is a gun store like a mile or two west of that pawn shop.... it's called GUN SHOP and they are on Beaverton Hillsdale HWY... so I went there once and they told me they charged $75 for a transfer fee :s0095: and he told me that it would be better to just buy from them instead of ordering guns. I told they guy I get LEO discounts on my purchases.... and that I pay $10 transfer fees hahahahaah (my FFL also charges the $10 transfer and background in hillsboro).... so no it's not always cheaper to just buy from the store. I have no problem paying a bit more to support a good local gun shop but $75 for a transfer fee? I lost all respect for them and I don't plan on ever buying form them.... I might go and fondle some guns but I would never shop there.

I have transferred several things through A Cut Above Pawn and have never had a problem. They keep a log of what is coming and will you call you the second it comes in and they had a chance to sort through it.

Shops that take it personal by not buying from them are just not worth patronizing.

WHAT? I just purchased a RRA Operator from them last month and I paid the cost of the rifle plus $10 background fee! Out of curiosity, who did you speak with?

That is a purchase not a transfer. A transfer would be if you bought a firearm from someone out of state who shipped it to the FFL who then does the transfer to their books and then sells you the firearm doing all the paper work. And BGC

On the Gunbroker website there's an info section under the "buyers" tab for how to complete your purchase. It has an FFL lookup by zip code. Pretty handy and you don't even need to be logged in. I believe these are just FFLs that have contacted Gunbroker, not necessarily all FFl's.

A Cut Above Pawn is now at 184th and TV HWY in Aloha next to Donut Day.

Also, Willamette Valley Firearms in Hillsboro is a Top Notch, First Class store. I will continue shopping there for ammo, and when funds allow, more expensive toys. $15 for a transfer is a great price, especially if local.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

That is a purchase not a transfer. A transfer would be if you bought a firearm from someone out of state who shipped it to the FFL who then does the transfer to their books and then sells you the firearm doing all the paper work. And BGC

Gotta love people that respond without reading the whole thread:s0077: If you would have just read down 3 more comments you would see that Jack has allready clarified this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top