JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$75 for a transfer!!??? ReDickYouLuss. Sounds like they're setting their price to discourage out of state transfers.
The Money Market at S.E. 136th and Powell charges $20 + $10.

They are going to make it up in customer goodwill (that translates into $, down the road) that will make the others look stupid....

Or they will go out of business trying win loyal customers that will never be very loyal. We are talking about a group of consumers that thinks the local gun shop is sticking it to them by not matching the price of X-Mart on ammo.

Anything over $20-25 total is a ripoff..... What paperwork is the dealer doing , I am a recent AZ transplant but Im pretty sure the process is the same here. Dealer logs in the firearm when he/she receives it snd than calls in the nics check which takes 4-5 mins max... $15-20 was the going transfer fee in AZ.

well, like i'v stated before, OCHOCO FEED & FARM charges me "O" ! then again i do most of my business there.....i just sold a 70 win there & most people pay 5% selling fee, but once again "no fee to me" ! i'll stick to my small-town busnesses, cuz the end result is a bonus !! some of these guys that seem to have to make a house payment over trans/ fees, should have found another business to get into, as they will lose more then they will gain !!

just my opinion.....steven

As far as FFL Transfers go (In the Portland, OR area), the 2 lowest-priced FFL transfers are:

(1). Beaverton Pawn (charges $15 for Background check) + $10 EACH for FFL transfers
(2). A Cut Above Pawn (charges $15 for Background check) + $15 EACH for FFL transfers

* I do NOT work or have any affiliation with either of these businesses, but HAVE sent items there for transfers and have been happy with both of them. I wanted to mention these businesses since they are in the Portland area (Beaverton area) near where I live.

I just called the Gun Zone, and the owner said it was $35 for the transfer and another $10 for the background check for a total of $45. I got excited when you said they were only $10. Bummer

I know this is a really old post, but I did want to make a comment about thinking FFL dealers are ripoffs if they charge a higher price.....
IMHO: If a FFL dealer wants to charge $40 or $45 or even $75 of $100 for a transfer, that is OK. It doesn't mean they are ripoffs, it just means they don't like paperwork, and would rather do paperwork on weapons they sell themselves. It's no biggie. It's their choice to charge whatever they want and your choice to go someplace cheaper for transfers. I know you live in a small town (I am FROM there, originally) but If you want really low-cost FFL transfers, just check the local pawn shops and buy and sell centers. A lot of them will do transfers for $15 or even $10 sometimes, if they have a lot of them that come thru their shop.
I know Portland is too far to drive to pick up a gun just for a cheap transfer, but Albany or even Salem might be an option for sure.

$75 for a transfer is a stupid move, even if you don't think it is a rip off. Any FFL licensed person/business that wants to charge me that much money will never get any of my business, let alone a transfer.

IMHO: If a FFL dealer wants to charge $40 or $45 or even $75 of $100 for a transfer, that is OK. It doesn't mean they are ripoffs, it just means they don't like paperwork

I would disagree, but that is my opinion. At one point I was tempted to get an ffl, and if I did I had planned on doing ffl transfers for free and only charging the $10 NCIS fee in order to help out my fellow gun owners.

If your in Salem I've used Paulus Guns. He just a guy doing it out of house. He a good guy and the price is right $25 including the BGC. If he doesn't answer the phone when you call leave a message and he'll call you back. At least he has me.

Tim

Gun Zone-16120 Southeast 82nd Drive, Clackamas, OR . $10 dollars for the background check, thats it! Good guys, I have purchased several rifles through them and couldn't be happier.

UPDATE: Gun Zone in Clackamas is now $40 for the transfer and $10 for the background check.
And Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro is OUT OF BUSINESS and their phone number(2) are disconnected.

So for the PORTLAND, OREGON and surrounding area, the winner is still BEAVERTON PAWN, at $10 for transfer and $15 for the Background Check.
But you could really call it a TIE between them and "A Cut Above Pawn" in Aloha, since they charge $10 for the background and $15 for each transfer.
So if you have 1 gun to transfer, then it's the same at either place, but if you have MORE than 1 gun to transfer, then Beaverton Pawn wins.
Yes, other areas such as Grant's Pass (about 200 miles south of here) so it's a tad far for us Portlanders' to travel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top