JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is the address for the cheapest FFL transfer in Oregon.
Doc Holliday Guns and Ammo, 1018 Northeast 7th street,
Grants Pass, OR 97526. There is a $10 background fee but no transfer fee.
Please post other gun shop locations with their related FFL fees.
I had my wife check my spelling and grammar for the spelling/grammar police. ;)
VERY SMART MARKETING....GETS 'EM IN THE STORE.

Doc Holiday's stinks. I was going to purchase about 5 K on a couple of new guns with them. They would have had to order them for me. The lady I was dealing with (the owner) couldn't have cared less. After a number of attempts, I went elsewhere. Also, they don't have any reloading components or any knowledge of reloading. They do have some nice old military weapons.

Doc Holiday's stinks. I was going to purchase about 5 K on a couple of new guns with them. They would have had to order them for me. The lady I was dealing with (the owner) couldn't have cared less. After a number of attempts, I went elsewhere. Also, they don't have any reloading components or any knowledge of reloading. They do have some nice old military weapons.

I've known them for years through the gun shows, and they've never been anything but polite.

A Cut Above Pawn ($10+$15)
18295 SW Tualatin Valley Highway,
Beaverton, OR 97003
(503) 277-2274

Everyone who's done business with me knows about this place. I cant stress enough how great the staff at A Cut Above is!

The shop isn't your average "pawn shop" either, its clean, nice and inviting and they bend over backwards to help with FFL transfers and normally always have their information to the shipper the day you call and ask them (if the dealer doesn't already have them on file).

I ONLY use a cut above, they have made a customer for life in the way they have treated myself and the members of this board I have asked to meet me there.

Everyone who's done business with me knows about this place. I cant stress enough how great the staff at A Cut Above is!

The shop isn't your average "pawn shop" either, its clean, nice and inviting and they bend over backwards to help with FFL transfers and normally always have their information to the shipper the day you call and ask them (if the dealer doesn't already have them on file).

I ONLY use a cut above, they have made a customer for life in the way they have treated myself and the members of this board I have asked to meet me there.

Thanks for the tip. I will be using them.

Great place for ffl transfers....everything else they have is over priced

Legendary Arms in Central Point/Medford, $25 for transfer and BGC. Easiest internet transfer/buy I've had. With my CHL I was instantly bumped to number 2 of 10, then 1 of 13, than processed. It didn't take 15 minutes, like the old days. Great family run shop with an excellent reputation and selection of used guns. Prices looked reasonable too. I'll take my business there again for sure.

Just wanted to mention that today I had the opportunity to experience 2 of the cheaper FFL transfer spots closest to Portland. I had placed an order at PSA for some lowers and had selected Tigard Pawn 4 More as my FFL because they were within half hour away and only charged $25 + 15 for each additional gun. When my order came in, I didn't really pay attention to who it was that called me but just knew I had to pickup my order. After driving to Tigard Pawn 4 more, the owner and his son could not locate my order. I ended up checking my phone and Googled the phone number who had called me and realized it was Cut Above Pawn. The owner of Tigard Pawn 4 more was super super nice and even told me the quickest way to get to the other place. About 20 minutes later I got to Cut Above Pawn and picked up my gun and was relieved that both Pawn shops charged the same price for transfers. Anyways, my experience with both shops was very very good and I came away so impressed that I wanted to write up this review and recommend each of these shops to everyone. The gun prices and selection at each place was pretty good too. The customer service at Tigard Pawn 4 more was very impressive as I felt very welcome as soon as I walked in and didn't feel pressured to do or buy anything. At Cut Above Pawn, they were the fastest people I've seen when it comes to getting the paper work done. They didn't make me feel like a noob when I was getting my finger prints done either. I swear, in the prior 30+ background checks I've done, it felt like the first time every time I had to get my finger prints done because everyone always instructed me like I was a kid. Cut Above Pawn was hands down the cleanest and most organized Pawn shop I've ever been to, just saying. I checked out some red dots and scopes and they were priced to what one would expect to see in a private party for sale ad which was very surprising and impressive to me given all that overhead they have to make up for. Each of these Pawn shops get 2 thumbs up from me.

Last Edited:
+1 for A Cut Above Pawn

I just called A Cut Above Pawn off T.V. Hwy and confirmed, they charge $15 + $10 state fee. I just placed an order with PSA who confirmed they already have A Cut Above's FFL on file.

The gentleman at A Cut Above Pawn suggested calling them with the order information so they know who the firearm belongs to when it arrives. A lot of times, they receive firearms with no real identifying information on them.

Both of the Tropic Pawn locations will do a transfer for $21 total. I've used them for transfers with WA residents several times. Easy folks to work with too.

I may have misspoken, I'm an Oregonian looking to buy from somebody who lives in Vancouver

Pistol or rifle/shotgun? If it's a rifle or shotgun, you can buy it in Vancouver. If it's a pistol, and you're the buyer, you will have to buy in Oregon. If it's a long gun, you'll save $$ going to Vancouver because you don't have to pay the $10 Oregon BGC fee (tax).

If that's the case, one I can recommend is Money Market Pawn $30, not the cheapest, but they're easy to work with. I haven't yet found a good one much closer to the border.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top