JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think what this thread needs is someone whos "lived and breathed" and depended on their budget clone to chime in here with their experiences. Until then, we wont know.

I think what this thread needs is someone whos "lived and breathed" and depended on their budget clone to chime in here with their experiences. Until then, we wont know.
I don't disagree......but depended on it for what? Duty carry? I don't think you'll find much of that.

The only reason to buy a clone is if they offered something the stock glocks didn't. A while ago you could get them with a RMR cut, but now Glock is doing that too. So far, can't see a good reason from here.

The only reason to buy a clone is if they offered something the stock glocks didn't. A while ago you could get them with a RMR cut, but now Glock is doing that too. So far, can't see a good reason from here.
Im not certain, but think the PSA Daggers are Glock clones? and some come with RMR cuts complete guns for as low as $350. And with a very good lifetime warranty.
If not a clone my bad please disregard the Dagger.

I suspect you may notice more differences between clones and OEM Glocks if +P or greater rounds were consistently use. Also, I don't see many Glock clones in larger calibers like .40, 10mm or even .45. That may be due to patents and such, but it seems to me that the design pretty well handles standard 9mm loads well so you can have tolerance variations in clones and after market parts.

One thing I've noticed is there sure are a lot of tarted up Glocks and the like with not many rounds run thru them for sale. If I'd taken the time to build a latest and greatest with all the gee-wiz parts I'd be shooting it.....alot and bragging about it, not trying to make a profit or even get my money back. IMHO with the exception of some rare collectables the greatest value for any firearm is in it's use.

... What are you getting in a real Glock you arent in a cheap clone?
Foolproof and very long term proven reliability.

How many threads do you see on the internet about 100% stock Glocks having issues?

How many threads do you see about clones having issues?

Leave it to people like (a certain member here that starts with A) for that stuff. They buy the cheapest thing then spend months trying to figure out why such and such won't work right or they bought cheap so they could add "upgrades". It's silly to me. Proven reliability that is designed to work without issues long term, why mess with it.

Last Edited:
Foolproof and very long term proven reliability.

How many threads do you see on the internet about 100% stock Glocks having issues?

How many threads do you see about clones having issues?

Leave it to people like (a certain member here that starts with A) for that stuff. They buy the cheapest thing then spend months trying to figure out why such and such won't work right or they bought cheap so they could add "upgrades". It's silly to me. Proven reliability that is designed to work without issues long term, why mess with it.

Same with volqueefharsen parts for the 10-22.

A couple possible concerns:

Resale value: whether selling to a private party or a store, the original will always be more desirable than something designed to be a cheaper substitute.

Long-term durability: one thing I've seen from cheap firearms is what's more common than a straight up lemon is something that works fine out of the box but develops problems after a few hundred or thousand rounds. Did they achieve that lower price by economizing on some components? Are they just gambling on the fact that the buyer will just not shoot enough to ever find out? With something like Glock, it's been around for decades and known to be durable… with these newer clones, it's more difficult to be certain.

Well, coming from someone who doesn't "love" guns (I love my wife, kids and dog),; I see them simply as a tool to protect my life, my loved ones and others. I also see them as an necessary tool in the protection and defense of our country.

That's why I own and carry glocks. They may not be pretty. Many dislike them. But I've seen firsthand and have enough evidence to stand on the fact that they'll do what I require of them, which is simply fire when and if needed. I have confidence in that. That's why I'm sold on Glock.

If I had a clone, a diy, etc, in my holster, I wouldn't have that confidence.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top