JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a snubnose S&W revolver, and am wanting one with a longer barrel. There's a dude here selling a longer barrel to fit my gun, but I'm guessing that this isn't like changing uppers on an AR, and is something that would need to be done by a gunsmith. Anyone know how difficult/expensive it would be to have that done?

I'm sure it would end up costing more for the barrel and gunsmithing than I'm willing to pay, but I figured it's worth checking into.

thanks

Buy another revolver the length you want, it will be cheaper in the long run. S&W revolvers if "pinned" or not really need to be done by a good smith. There is a thread on these sites asking the same question.

<broken link removed>

or

<broken link removed>

Anyone got a recommendation for a gun smith to do work like this on an Old Model Blackhawk?

I need to have a barrel pulled, front sight removed, barrel cut and crowned then a new sight installed. I have the front sight, but don't have a good idea who to ask about this. The couple of gunsmiths I've asked haven't seemed to interested to do it.

I'm sure the OP and I would both like to find some real pricing on a job like this.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top