JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a snubnose S&W revolver, and am wanting one with a longer barrel. There's a dude here selling a longer barrel to fit my gun, but I'm guessing that this isn't like changing uppers on an AR, and is something that would need to be done by a gunsmith. Anyone know how difficult/expensive it would be to have that done?

I'm sure it would end up costing more for the barrel and gunsmithing than I'm willing to pay, but I figured it's worth checking into.

thanks

Buy another revolver the length you want, it will be cheaper in the long run. S&W revolvers if "pinned" or not really need to be done by a good smith. There is a thread on these sites asking the same question.

<broken link removed>

or

<broken link removed>

Anyone got a recommendation for a gun smith to do work like this on an Old Model Blackhawk?

I need to have a barrel pulled, front sight removed, barrel cut and crowned then a new sight installed. I have the front sight, but don't have a good idea who to ask about this. The couple of gunsmiths I've asked haven't seemed to interested to do it.

I'm sure the OP and I would both like to find some real pricing on a job like this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top